RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT... - Page 38 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 12:33 AM   #556
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:52 PM
Elfa is actually Thom Yorke.

This explains everything.

Old 08-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #557
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Dear Elfa the dog-headed snake/rat:

A lot of people here want to see your review.

I know that you do not post on the weekends, though, so I expect that in 12 hours from now, said review will be posted.

That is all for now.

-NSW

true dat...

Old 08-18-2008, 01:18 AM   #558
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:52 PM
Irishteen/Lemonchick's review of Radiohead concert

So we got to the show just after gates opened had no problems getting in at all and once we were in got to our seats really quickly; we were in the 200s at the back with a really great view though (and under the roof...which didn't work very well but at least shielded us a little). So we sat down and Lemonchick's slightly creepy friend wouldn't stop taking pictures of everything (even us while we kissed!!!!!!!!!). Then finally Grizzly Bear came on and they were pretty good; played some cool sounding songs; some really awesome up tempo ones and the pit...just...stood still...seriously...they sucked so much! Seriously they played some songs that people should have been dancing or jumping around to but weren't...why get pit tickets if you're just gonna stand there?

so Then after Grizzly Bear we saw someone (semi) famous...Owen from Final Fantasy actually not really...we're not big fans but we love his stuff with Arcade Fire and we saw him live too so yeah we wanted to say hey but he didn't walk by us again I wanted to know where he got his jeans!

So then finally Radiohead came on and everyone stood up (and stood still ).
So first song was 15 Step and it was just good really good and the lights looked so cool, then they played Reckoner and then Optimistic. Then they played There There and it was just amazing especially the part at the end where Jonny plays guitar, and we couldn't help but jump who could*!!!!!! I hate the pit! We were so much more active then 90% of the boring pit. Last time I saw Radiohead live I twisted my ankle during there there that's what a pit should be like. That was followed by Morning Bell, all I need and Pyramid Song (when this stupid guy on his phone kept yelling and the girl behind us yelled at him; she's officially awesome now). Then they played Arpeggi come on you know it was awesome, it's just that good a song. Then the Gloaming, such cool lights soooo green.

The A Wolf at the Door I couldn't believe it, Thom was so cool during that song "Dance you fucker, dance" = Thom talking to everyone in the pit. Then Faust Arp where Thom looked so happy and he just didn't stop smiling. No Surprises was just amazing and unexpected too; even though it's definitely not one of my favourite songs at all, it was just great to actually hear it live. Then Jigsaw followed by Idioteque...people that is music! Come on Radiohead don't get better than those two songs together, you can't not move, you can't not dance* to those songs; they are radiohead's biggest dance along songs and people who don't move just have problems. You know when you're at a concert and the people in business suits move more than the pit? Then you have a problem!

Then they played Climbing...such a freaky song...then Nude...beautiful...and Bodysnatchers Radiohead's biggest mosh song*. We wish we were in the pit, we were so much more animated in our seats...sorry if we ruined your show, we were just enjoying ourselves...dancing along...jumping around...whooing to our hearts' content.

So the encore...Like Spinning Plates and Videotape Videotape is awesome, even on the album anyone who doesn't like it is a tad crazy it's just amazing. Then Airbag and TALK SHOW HOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT TALK SHOW HOST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and the super depressing Street Spirit...

Then they played House of Cards and then Planet Telex...best light show ever in the history of lights! and then closed with...Everything in its Right Place...which Lemonchick found so funny...because...like 18 months ago...I hated Radiohead...and then I heard that song and....things changed...and she didn't stop laughing at all...it's sucha cool song that you should be dancing around to * and then it was all over they were just amazing, it was just amazing...they better play again soon...in Dublin or Toronto...

*Unless you were in the pit apparently
Old 08-18-2008, 08:36 AM   #559
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LOVE YOU ANGIE! Im a Bono fan!
Local Time: 07:52 PM
So, Elevated, I listened to House of Cards, for like 20 seconds.

yep.

tell ya what thou, why do you think the people lie down in Just?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 AM   #560
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:52 AM
It sounds to me like the pit people were seriously stoned. Which doesn't mean they didn't enjoy the show, it just means it was more an inner thing for them than a dancing-jumping thing. I refuse to believe that Toronto audiences don't get into Radiohead, therefore this is the only plausible explanation. I personally would rather be around stoned people at a show than drunk people if I had to choose. I remember a Morrissey show where I thought I was going to have to kill the two girls beside me until they lit up a joint and chilled out, so...there's that.

But no doubt a normal level of sober enthusiasm is best.

Who's gonna rock the pit in Santa B?
Old 08-18-2008, 10:55 AM   #561
She's the One

Local Time: 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post

Who's gonna rock the pit in Santa B?

Fuck yeah!

Stone cold sober too!
Old 08-18-2008, 01:10 PM   #562
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
Fuck yeah!

Stone cold sober too!
Straight Edge 4 lief!!!11!!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:08 PM   #563
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
Straight Edge 4 lief!!!11!!
Old 08-18-2008, 02:49 PM   #564
She's the One

Local Time: 10:52 AM
o
m
g
Old 08-18-2008, 04:58 PM   #565
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishteen View Post
...we saw someone (semi) famous...Owen from Final Fantasy ...
My daughter just read this, squealed, and said "Omg, I hate you, he's my fake musician boyfriend!!!"

She's a big Owen/Final Fantasy fan.

Btw, there are tons of great clips of the show on You Tube, I've been watching them all afternoon.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:11 PM   #566
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintagePunk View Post
My daughter just read this, squealed, and said "Omg, I hate you, he's my fake musician boyfriend!!!"
Unless your daughter becomes your son, I think he'll remain her "fake" boyfriend.

Regardless, pretty cool he was there. Final Fantasy is enjoyablez.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:17 PM   #567
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Unless your daughter becomes your son, I think he'll remain her "fake" boyfriend.

Regardless, pretty cool he was there. Final Fantasy is enjoyablez.
She's aware of that. I think she chooses to ignore that small barrier to their potential happiness, though.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #568
Blue Meth Addict

Tell her that if she hasn't looked them up already, she should do a search on Youtube for the Final Fantasy covers of 'This Modern Love' by Bloc Party and of 'Fantasy' by Mariah Carey. Both are quite good, I'd pay for just a covers album from him.

I'm getting more and more excited for Radiohead. I think I may watch the 'From the Basement' show over again and finally watch that Bends era concert DVD I bought years ago and have never watched in full......
Old 08-18-2008, 05:21 PM   #569
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Tell her that if she hasn't looked them up already, she should do a search on Youtube for the Final Fantasy covers of 'This Modern Love' by Bloc Party and of 'Fantasy' by Mariah Carey. Both are quite good, I'd pay for just a covers album from him.

I'm getting more excited for Radiohead. I think I may watch the 'From the Basement' show over again and finally watch that Bends era concert DVD I bought years ago and have never watched in full......
Will do.

You haven't seen them this tour yet? I've been listening to them all weekend. I want a do-over.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:23 PM   #570
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfulgirl View Post
It sounds to me like the pit people were seriously stoned.
The people behind us at the 2nd night of APW were on coke. Yeah . . . NOT! Mike and I were sitting down while they were setting up for Radiohead, and then I hear Mike groan, "Oh-Oh". And I go what? And he says, "Just to let you know, I just saw all the people behind us snort coke, so be prepared, they're going to be really annoying," and oh yeah, they were! SUPER F***NG ANNOYING! Talked through the entire show -- THE ENTIRE SHOW!

Every chance I got, I moved up to put distance between us and them.

Dumb cokeheads!

Tags
in rainbows, radiohead