RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:barf:

What's with the Amnesiac h8?

There's something kinda dodgy about the album I reckon. Has some classic tracks (Pyramid, Pulk/Pull, Spinning PLates), but I just can't enjoy it heaps as an entire album. Too much stuff I don;t need to hear (Sardines, Morning Bell and the awful Knives Out)

There's something kinda dodgy about the album I reckon. Has some classic tracks (Pyramid, Pulk/Pull, Spinning PLates), but I just can't enjoy it heaps as an entire album. Too much stuff I don;t need to hear (Sardines, Morning Bell and the awful Knives Out)

I generally agree, but we like different songs on it. Pulk/Pull and LPS do nothing for me, but I definitely enjoy Sardines and Morning Bell.

I generally agree, but we like different songs on it. Pulk/Pull and LPS do nothing for me, but I definitely enjoy Sardines and Morning Bell.

And there might be people out there who find all four songs immensely cracking, which means they'll have a higher opinion of Amnesiac.

It's a difficult album to really criticise though, when you take into consideration that they're all from the fruitful Kid A sessions.....

.....and then you've got Fog, Kinetic and the potential commercial smash hit Cuttooth as merely b-sides....

:barf:

What's with the Amnesiac h8?

There is no hate here at all. If I was to actually make some sort of ratings. Amnesiac and everything above it would be in the 9 range.

Pablo's the one straggler, but it's not nearly as bad as everyone makes it out to be.

Just listened to Kinetic for the first time. It seems to suck beyond belief. Fog and Cuttooth are cracking though!

Kinetic is probably my least fav. Amnesiac b-side, but it's still ok. Trans-Atlantic Drawl and The Amazing Sounds of Orgy are pretty cool. Cuttouth is definitely a standout b-side though. Dare I say it's possibly one of their best non-album tracks? Maybe even better than Talk Show Host? Depends on what you're into I guess, but it's a close call.

Cuttouth is definitely a standout b-side though. Dare I say it's possibly one of their best non-album tracks?

Cuttooth is flat out my favorite non-album track of theirs along with Lift! I like those 2 songs more than some album tracks like Dollars & Cents and Reckoner.

Gagging Order's still my fave non-album track of theirs, but Lift, Fog, and Talk Show Host are up there.

I really like Amnesiac. Life in a Glasshouse deserves all of the kudos in the world. Talk about cracking.

Gagging Order is nice I guess but it doesn't do all that much for me. :slant: I don't even remember Talk Show Host. Will have to listen to it again.

It's more of a Thom solo track than anything, but it's one of the most heartbreaking songs I've ever heard. One of the songs that gets me a bit mushy. I'll have to put it on a soundscape one day.

They better be worth 70 euro ($110 for you yanks)

Well technically I paid $160 for MY radiohead experience. :wink:

Have fun on saturday, I'm jealous, wanna trade? I'll go to Radiohead and you can work my 8 hour shift.

They better be worth 70 euro ($110 for you yanks)

Trust me, they are worth every bit of it! No doubt, life won't be the same for you after that nite.:hyper: I wouldn't hesitate to pay that amount.. but hey I have seen them a few times. Seriously though, they are beyond incredible and you will be blown away! :yes:

Just a quick note to say...

Like Spinning Plates (live) from the I Might Be Wrong Recordings = Musical Sex

That is all.

I forgot that MHD (Music HD, a channel that shows HD programming from MTV, VH1, and CMT) re-aired the Live From the Basement show. I recorded it on my DVR, but just now put it on and watched the first few songs. AWESOMENESS. Myxomatosis sounded great, and it's so much better to see in HD than broken into clips on Youtube (which is how I watched most of it the first time...)

While the Best Of’s are redundant and unnecessary imo, this is one move which I appreciate...

The only problem is that most of the albums up there are $11.88 instead of the regular $9.99. It's not that big of a deal, but I hate that pricing discrepancy.

the new song they played tonite in dublin was called Super Collider. So far as of now, it's not up yet. Ateasers are chomping at the bit right now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom