RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I guess it depends on what type of music the person normally listens to. I imagine OK Computer might be too much for someone who doesn't listen to a lot of alternative (for lack of a better word) stuff.

I only say The Bends because I feel it has more likable melodies. One obviously isn't going to be blown away like they would with OKC.

Yeah, I guess it depends on what type of music the person normally listens to. I imagine OK Computer might be too much for someone who doesn't listen to a lot of alternative (for lack of a better word) stuff.

I only say The Bends because I feel it has more likable melodies. One obviously isn't going to be blown away like they would with OKC.

:up:

It took me a looong time to come around to OK Computer. I couldn't even finish the album in the past, now I'm really starting to love Radiohead (I could even own Kid A by later tonight).

It's a tough one, isn't it? Even The Bends isn't overly accessible. But if you want to get into Radiohead you're going to have to put up with that :lol:

Yeah, it's gonna be different with each person. The Bends was the first Radiohead album I bought, and I loved it on first listen. I got OK Computer next and was blown away on first listen.

If you were going to introduce someone to Radiohead with one of their studio LP's, these would be the two best choices. But I guess if I had to pick one as being more accessible than the other, I think the Bends would be the one to go with.

I guess when I heard Subterranean and Paranoid I heard the Mother Ship calling me home to my tribe and that made it accessible.

My first exposure to Radiohead was OK Computer. It blew my mind and set the bar for all albums that followed.

But The Bends would be a good choice too.

Got a new song off The Bends I love!

Fake Plastic Trees :love:

It has been stuck in my head now officially for 24 hours. And I seriously can't make it stop. :faint:

Did Thom write a song about the LHC??

I am SO into these blokes at the moment. Easily the band I've listened to the most over the past month or so. Getting Kid A soon too... They know how to end a song. Karma Police, Weird Fishes, All I Need, Nude, Let Down, Paranoid Android...

How's this for being a :nerd: ?

On a paper that's up in my classroom, telling the students what's expected of them on their final copies of their writing, I asked the question "Is everything in its right place?" I found the Kid A font online, and Lies helped me download it into Word. I used that font for that paper.

:reject:

How's this for being a :nerd: ?

On a paper that's up in my classroom, telling the students what's expected of them on their final copies of their writing, I asked the question "Is everything in its right place?" I found the Kid A font online, and Lies helped me download it into Word. I used that font for that paper.

:reject:

Nerds.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom