RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with above assessment. If you are interested in getting their videos and aren’t down with all the artsy stuff I would recommend the recent best of release on DVD, no fuss no muss just videos.

I would really like them to release a "proper" concert on DVD from one of the later tours. From what I have seen of the Rainbows tour so far I think it would look pretty sweet on a big LCD screen :drool:

yeah, so funny thing happened to me... it turns out the file I have labeled as Cuttooth is not in fact actually Cuttooth...

I downloaded a bunch or Muse singles and one of them (Con-Science) sounded exactly like Cuttooth so I went to youtube and looked up Cuttoth and what do you know? Completely different and much better sounding song!

This whole time I have been telling people Cuttooth sounded like Radiohead trying to be Muse when in fact it was Muse being Muse :lol:

And the moral of the story kids is never trust strange files you download off the internet... But of course, we all already knew that, right? :uhoh:

Last night was my first Radiohead show ever.

:bow:

15 Step
There There
Morning Bell
All I Need
The National Anthem
Videotape
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
The Gloaming
Where I End and You Begin
Faust Arp
No Surprises
Jigsaw Falling into Place
The Bends
Idioteque
Climbing up the Walls
Nude
Bodysnatchers
House of Cards
Lucky
Go Slowly
Just
Street Spirit
Reckoner
Planet Telex
Everything in its Right Place

Seeing No Surprises > Jigsaw > The Bends > Idioteque > Climbing Up the Walls > Nude was INSANE. Just perfection stacked from the bottom up.

Also, live recordings of Everything in Its Right Place and The National Anthem do not at all begin to show how intensely awesome they are live. I wasn't sure how Everything would be as a closer, but it really worked. Everything worked. Even the Hail to the Thief songs were fun, and I really dislike that album a LOT. Wouldn't have minded hearing some Amnesiac, though hearing all of In Rainbows was coolness.

UL, looks like you actually got a setlist with some surprises in it. Cool stuff, man. Glad your first show was a good one. :up:

Last night's show was pretty good. The Hail to the Thief songs really carried the show for me personally, especially The Gloaming which was a huge surprise. Very intense arrangement for that one. Planet Telex and The Bends were fantastic to hear as well.

Unfortunately, half the show was In Rainbows material, and with a few exceptions (Jigsaw and 15 Step) I enjoyed it all even less than I do on the album. Faust Arp, Videotape, Go Slowly, Nude, All I Need...fucking show came to a standstill for me these. But no one wants to listen to me shit on In Rainbows any more. So I'll leave it at that.

Yeah, Go Slowly isn't exactly a rarity I'd be psyched about hearing them perform live.

W3rd up, g-funk.

I like it, but there are others just from the IR bonus disc alone that I'd rather hear far more than Go Slowly. (Down is the New Up, Bangers & Mash, 4 Min. Warning, Last Flowers, etc)

Go Slowly was not one I was terribly interested in hearing live but when they played it, I loved it--much better live than the recording (which is how I feel about most Radiohead songs--can't think of an exception, actually).

I think the exception for me would be Pablo Honey, as I just straight up don't want to hear any of those songs (live or on album).

:wink:

I actually kinda got ticked about that High Times article Joyful posted the other day just because it annoyed me that the stupid reporter's only music related question was about friggin' Creep! You get to sit down and talk to Radiohead and that's the only song you ask about? But yeah, I assume High Times probably isn't known for it's writing or hard hitting journalism.... :wink:

I actually kinda got ticked about that High Times article Joyful posted the other day just because it annoyed me that the stupid reporter's only music related question was about friggin' Creep! You get to sit down and talk to Radiohead and that's the only song you ask about? But yeah, I assume High Times probably isn't known for it's writing or hard hitting journalism.... :wink:

Well, aside from the fact that they were probably all high, the interview happened in 1995 (though published in 2003)...so depending on exactly when during 1995, it's possible Creep was the only thing they had to talk about, if it was before The Bends was released.

Well, aside from the fact that they were probably all high, the interview happened in 1995 (though published in 2003)...so depending on exactly when during 1995, it's possible Creep was the only thing they had to talk about, if it was before The Bends was released.

your probably right, I can't imagine this guy surviving listening to something like Amnesiac while high...

Ahhhhhh. Maybe I was having a "high time" when I originally read the article, as I thought I read it as being a 2003 interview. 1995 is more forgivable.

Actually the biggest disappointment from last night's show was how they didn't play ANYTHING from Amnesiac. :grumpy:

That is kind of a bummer. I thought You & Whose Army was a staple of this tour but I guess nothing is for certain except for In Rainbows. But I still think you got a pretty kick ass setlist, with Lucky, Just, Planet Telex, Climbing Up the Walls, Street Spirit, No Surprises, The Bends...those are some of my favorite songs.

Climbing Up The Walls was surprisingly cool. Unfortunately I'm not that big of an OK Computer fan either. :reject: The Bends tracks were stellar though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom