RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I need to actually buy a ticket to get out there now...

~ProcrastiTrevor

okay, so apart from the likes of enjoying Fake Plastic Trees, Im not big into R'head.

but heard Nude in complete last night, its quite a song, have to say.
very, I dunno, numbing to the mind. slow and beautiful. puts you in a trance when driving. floating. miles away.

:up:

^ Why I like Radiohead... there's a lot of substance to the music. If you liked Nude, then get In Rainbows, you won't be disappointed with the rest.

I know this is a Radiohead thread, but this is the only real choice. You'll buy the RH records eventually, but Quadrophenia is so expensive, you have to get it when you're not really paying for it.

And with that you've won me over.

I'll take that as a compliment then. :)

Seriously though In Rainbows is probably one of the more accessible RH albums for non fans - my wife hated them but since listening to Rainbows (which she loves) she has started to give the rest of their catalogue a second chance...

All I Need, Faust ARP, Reckoner and House Of Cards is an awesome combination of songs.

Wait, you're married, Elevated? So one of the guys on Interference has actually spoken with a real live girl before?!

Dude, just gas up the car. It only takes a day and half to get here, tops.

Plus, then you can take home most of my vinyl.

I just don't like driving long distances solo... I may consider it though.

Why drive when you can fly? Killer Cars, indeed.

I used to love to fly but it's become exceedingly less enjoyable for me. I now drive whenever I can instead of fly. And I love long solo driving trips. :drool:

Make your plans. I got the w.a.s.t.e. email...tickets are on their way. :yippie:

I'm heading out the door now to catch the train to the Radiohead show tonight (in the most dangerous city in America - Camden, NJ). But the weather is beautiful, and the venue is an amphitheatre on the Delaware River across from center city Philadelphia. I expect it'll be a great night. Grizzly Bear opening the show in 45 minutes. Time to fly.

I really wish Grizzly Bear were opening on the 28th, I'd LOVE to see them live. It will be the third time I've seen Liars live this year. (and the other two shows weren't Radiohead support)

42-17094837.jpg

Hey, I went on my own free will to see them specifically twice! Admittedly, I can't see their show working as well in a large out door type situation. They're unbelievably entertaining in a club type venue though.

Waiting for Radiohead, or anyone I love as much as I love Radiohead, was torture. I wouldn't have minded seeing Bat for Lashes open for them, but as I've said before, I am against all opening acts. I don't want them. I will listen and clap, though, because I'm a nice person. But I think they can sense I'd rather they weren't there.

^ :lol:

Sometimes I really do use my powers for good. :wink:

:laugh: Wonderful news, people! One of my mates from down the griggy club was workin at Jb HiFi, and he gave me 20% discounts. So, not only did I get Quadrophenia, but I picked up The Bends as well, without paying a cent! :D

Question.

Meeting People is Easy. Worth getting?

IMO, it's for hardcore fans only. I love it, but it's artsy and not at all what I expected. I don't think it's what anyone expects. I can see why some people might be annoyed by it. But again, I love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom