RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part EI8HT...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Steve insists that RH is a stoner band. This behavior by their minions isn't going to make him change his mind. :tsk:

Well the really tall handsome one in the band is quite vocal about his love for the weed but...I think the best test would be for Steve to partake to see if he then likes The Radio Heads.

^ I'm liking that Montreal setlist...

I see (remembering the last time I "saw" them at Liberty State Park, I use the word "see" loosely :wink: ) Radiohead again tomorrow AND Saturday, and sleep in my own bed this time...YAY! :hyper:

This was a long time ago, and may not reflect their current position on the subject.

High Times > RADIOHEAD ON POT

Radiohead on Pot
*A lost HIGH TIMES interview with bassist Colin Greenwood and guitarist Ed O'Brien. *(I bet a lot of HIGH TIMES interviews get lost.)

Interview by Darren Ressler
Tue, Jun 10, 2003

Radiohead first achieved mainstream attention in 1993, with their haunting hit single "Creep." In 1995 the band's two resident smokers sat down with HIGH TIMES for a brief interview which was never published -- until now.

HIGH TIMES: I understand that you did a bit of traveling before flying to New York City to do press?

COLIN GREENWOOD: We just got back two weeks ago from Amsterdam. I haven't smoked grass with any dedication in over a year, but that trip was a nice reintroduction to it.

ED O'BRIEN: In Britain, there are a lot of politicians who still get on their high horse about smoking marijuana, but the Dutch are wonderfully pragmatic about pot. They saw that decriminalizing it was the best thing, and hopefully other countries will follow suit.

HT: A lot of Brits mix tobacco with their ganja because of the poor quality. How do you rate pot from around the world?

EO: The first time I smoked weed in America was in Los Angeles. I think it was from Humbolt County, and it was a revelatory experience. Although that was unbelievable, in India you can score a thali--which is a handful. My sister and I once scored two thalis while we were on holiday, and we smoked it. A half-hour later, I had a cigarette and bam! I definitely discovered the hallucinatory aspects of marijuana that day.

HT: How does pot figure into Radiohead's music?

CG: Well, we're sort of puritanical in the studio, and we really don't smoke or drink anything while we're recording. I do enjoy how smoking can allow you to concentrate on the different sounds, but I save it for something that I do after the record is done to pick up on things.

HT: So when you recorded "Creep," you were all totally straight?

EO: [laughs] Well, I must admit that I wasn't. But to tell you the truth, it was a nightmare because you get this fear while you're putting down the track that you can't play. I learned a bit from that , but "Creep" came out fine anyway.

I feel awful for getting everyone's hopes up. They didn't play I Will. I don't know what I was doing, perhaps trying not to end up in the mud, but when the opening notes to a song started, I heard someone saying "I Will!". I briefly tuned out at that time because a fireworks competition had started next door to the park, and that became a mild distraction for some.

In fact, during Faust Arp the fireworks even distracted Thom, who had to restart the second verse. He was actually laughing when he restarted it.

Then, later on, he said: "Those are lovely fireworks, but why didn't they wait until the fucking end?!" We all laughed. :)

Anyway, sorry for the confusion. Also, people were smoking all around me, so maybe I inhaled too much of the weed. :D

Here's the correct setlist that I culled from 58hours.com:

15 Step
There There
Morning Bell
All I Need
My Iron Lung
Nude
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
The Gloaming
The National Anthem
Fake Plastic Trees
Reckoner
Like Spinning Plates
Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Lucky
Optimistic
Idiotheque
Bodysnatchers

Encore:

Faust Arp
Videotape
Paranoid Android
Bangers 'n Mash
Karma Police

2nd Encore:

House of Cards
You and Whose Army?
Everything in its Right Place

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

This perhaps is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know of a high-audio quality bootleg from the HttT tour? AtEase is not providing any commentary on its bootlegs. Thanks in advance.

Radiohead Live at All Points West - Night 1

Setlist:
01. 15 Step
02. There There
03. Morning Bell
04. All I Need
05. Lucky
06. Nude
07. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
08. The Gloaming
09. Optimistic
10. Videotape
11. Reckoner
12. Jigsaw Falling Into Place (Thom “Cool Beans”)
13. You And Whose Army?
14. Idioteque
15. Climbing Up The Walls
16. Bodysnatchers
17. How To Disappear Completely

Encore 1
18. House of Cards
19. Pyramid Song (Thom “Thank you very much NY & NJ. This one is dedicated to a very hectic city.”)
20. Paranoid Android
21. Dollars and Cents
22. Street Spirit

Encore 2
23. Cymbal Rush
24. Just
25. Everything In Its Right Place (Thom: “This one is dedicated to Underworld. They are a big influence on us.”)

[Massive thx to Battering Room for the setlist updates tonight.]

Nice setlist:drool: i am sure fitz is having a blast!

...but on a completely different not, i'm glad to see that i'm not the only one who says cool beans all the time. none of my friends/family appreciate it. they groan, actually, upon hearing it.

This perhaps is slightly off-topic, but does anyone know of a high-audio quality bootleg from the HttT tour? AtEase is not providing any commentary on its bootlegs. Thanks in advance.

I think I can help. I love locating the best shows myself and only recently got back into collecting RH again. Might as well highlight the crem de la crem of HTT through current.

Current 2008 Tour
5/05 West Palm: Taper: breathmint Core Sound Binaurals > Battery Box > NJB3
5/09 Charlotte Taper: Itchyeardrum DPA 4022s (hat) > sonosax sx-m2 > edirol R-09
5/18 Dallas Taper:Wilson 66 Neumann KM140s > Sound Devices MP2 > Edirol R09
6/17 Milan, Taper: Alysha Neumann KM140's > AETA PSP3 > R09
7/01 Amsterdam Is Top show this one? (Taper: Bunzing at943 - SP-SPSB-6)? I think thats been recommended as well.
7/05 Werchter Taper: Inconnu SP-CMC-8 > SP-SPSB10 > Editol R-09
7/06 Arras Taper: Bunzing at943 - SP-SPSB-11 (Bass Roll-off at 107 HZ) - Edirol R09
8/03 Indianapolis Taper:bporter Schoeps mk4
8/06 Montreal Taper: Blane AT853rx (cardioid)> Fostex FR-2LE (Busman T-Mod) @ 24/44.1

Links to setlist/torrent are here at my blog Radiohead 2008 Tour

05/06/06 KB Hallen Copenhagen, Denmark 2 FLAC A-
Matrix Of Both AUD Sources Good Audience Matrix

05/07/06 KB Hallen Copenhagen, Denmark 2 FLAC A-
SP-CMC-2 > SP-SPSB-1 > JB3 Good Audience

05/09/06 Heineken Music Hall Amsterdam, Netherlands 2 SHN A
AT831 > SP-SPSB-2 (rolloff @ 107 Hz) > Sony PCM-M1 @ 44.1 > SHN Good Audience

05/12/06 Empress Ballroom Blackpool, England 2 FLAC A-
DPA4060 > MPS6030 > JB3 line in (gain +6dB) > WAV (44.1kHz) Good Audience

05/18/06Hammersmith Apollo London, UK 2 FLAC A-
Sony D-8 DAT recorder (44.1kHz)>Custom Mics>S/PDIF opical IN (PC)>Cool Edit Pro>flac Good Audience

06/01/06Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA 2 FLAC A-
SP-CMC-8 (AT933's) > SP-SPSB-6 (Bass Roll Off @ 69Hz) > IRiver IHP-120 (Rockbox, 44.1 Khz) Good Audience

06/01/06 Tower Theater Upper Darby, PA 2 FLAC A-
schoeps m4v > vms02ib > edirol r1 (24/44.1) Good Audience Recording (24 Bit)

06/04/06 Bank of America Pavilion Boston, MA 2 FLAC A
Schoeps mk4>kc5>cmc6>Sonosax sx-m2>(mod)sbm1>m1 Great Audience

06/05/06 Bank Of America Pavilion Boston, MA 2 FLAC A-
Neumann KM140's~>Aerco Pre~>Sony PCM-M1 Good Audience

06/08/06 Hummingbird Centre Toronto, ON 2 FLAC A
Matrix Recording Of The Three Sources Great Audience Matrix Of The 3 Sources.

06/13/06 The Theatre at Madison Square Garden New York, NY 2 FLAC A-
Aud>DPA 4022>SD722>HD>Flac Good Audience

06/17/06 Bonnaroo Music Festival (What Stage) Manchester, TN 2 FLAC A
Neumann AK40/LC3/KM100 > Lunatec V3 > Edirol R4 Great Audience

06/23/06 Greek Theater Berkeley, CA 2 FLAC A-
3 source mix>fix sbe w/ TLH>flac8 Great Audience Matrix

06/24/06 Greek Theater Berkeley, CA 2 FLAC A
Neumann KM140s > Sound Devices MP2 > Sony SBM1 (48k) > Sony D7 + Schoeps 2000->Heisenberg compensator->Tricorder Great 2 Source Audience Matrix.

06/26/06 Embarcadero Marina Park South San Diego, CA 2 FLAC A-
Neumann KM140s (fob) > Sound Devices MP2 > Sony SBM1 (48k) > Sony D7 Good Audience

06/27/06 Embarcadero Marina Park South San Diego, CA 2 FLAC A-
Neumann KM140s (fob) > Sound Devices MP2 > Sony SBM1 (48k) > Sony D7 Good Audience

06/29/06 Greek Theatre Los Angeles, CA 2 FLAC A-
Aud>Core-Sound HEB>Sony TCD-D8>DAT(M)>Flac Good Audience

08/15/06 Rock Oz'Arenes Avenches, Switzerland 2 FLAC A
Neumann KM140's > preAmp > R09 + - Sony ECM 77's > DAT Nice Audience Matrix.

08/17/06 Pukkelpop Hasselt, Belgium 2 FLAC A-
MBHO MBP 603 A / KA 200 N > Sound Devices MP-2 > Edirol R-09 Good Audience

04/23
Australia Sydney Sydney Entertainment Centre AT831 > SPSB-1 > Denecke AD-20 > Sony TCD-D8

04/26 Australia Melbourne Rod Laver Arena AT-822 > Sony TCD-D8 (Line-In)

05/01 CA Indio Empire Polo Field - Coachella Festival AT831 (SP-CMC-2)>SPSB-1 w/ rolloff @ 69Hz>Nomad Jukebox 3, Line in (not mic), 16 bit 44.1kHz

06/04 Electric Lady Studios ( 2 acoustic sets) New York NY

06/13 Hultsfredsfestivalen, Hultsfred, Sweden FM Broadcast (d1:56 min) A

06/20 Southside Festival, Neuhausen, Germany Festival's Webcast> A

06/28 Glastonbury Festival Pilton England (TV Rip)

07/03 Le Reservoir Paris France (Dig TV Rip, acoustic show)

07/11 Piazza Castello Ferrara Italy (4061 >M1)

07/12 Piazza Castello Ferrara Italy (4061 >M1)

07/14 Arènes Nîmes France (ECM MS907>R900)

08/13 Mansfield Tweeter Center Pioneer SX-580 Stereo Receiver (FM)

08/30 Vancouver Thunderbird Stadium Audio Technica 831s > Battery Box > Sony TCD-D8

08/31 Auburn White River Ampitheater SP-CMC-2 (AT831) > SP-SPSB-1 Battery Module w/ Bass Roll off @ 160Hz > Nomad Jukebox 3

09/23 CA Mountain View Shoreline Amphitheatre Schoeps MK4 > KCY > mod-Lemosax > SBM-1 > D100

09/25 Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA MATRIX: ALD > D8; Schoeps MK4

09/26 Hollywood Bowl, Hollywood, CA ALD->Sony TCD-D8->DAT

10/04 West Beach FL Schoeps mkp4v>vms5u> sbm-1

11/27 England London Earl's Court Exhibition Hall XFM Broadcast: NTL Digital >

Hope this helps, I was in the right place and the right time as I was soing the same searches myself.....:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom