RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
And there's another thread that goes bananas...

Wanna be in my gang? Meet the uber-fans | Music | The Guardian

Wanna Be In My Gang?

... What is far more fascinating is the way true fanatics can see aesthetic consistencies within the seemingly unremarkable. Until glancing at these photographs, I had never realised that the defining quality of a diehard Radiohead fan was the wearing of a diagonal strap across one's torso. What does that even mean? What do these people hear on Bodysnatchers that makes this visual determination so self-evident? It's not like this extraneous strap is some kind of widespread youth trend that lead guitarist Jonny Greenwood is spearheading; this is not like thousands of teenagers getting Beatles haircuts because that's the style of the time. It is not a look that will spill over into conventional society.

This personal choice has something to do with proving that you are not like a normal person, and it suggests you understand something about Radiohead that the average citizen cannot see or hear or feel. It goes to the nucleus of why pop music matters - at its highest levels of achievement, rock'n'roll is supposed to serve as "lifestyle music". It should have the potential to inform every single decision about being alive. And for these photogenic goofballs, it obviously does.

10-3147.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I had no idea about this look. Call me old and out of touch. I would stick out at a Radiohead concert.

Well, I had nothing to say, so I'll just post:

Optimistic and Idioteque are grrrreat!

Nearly

I dont know why you guys keep bringing that up
I stand by what i said - bad parenting = in kids turning to knife crime
Kids in UK have lost the plot for 2 reasons

1. Bad Parents
2. The Labour Government

Knife Crime has been around a LOT longer than the Labour Government.

GREED is the knife.

YouTube - Damien Dempsey "colony"

It's official: my favorite Radiohead track now is The Tourist...
:heart::heart:
It's been some time since I felt like this hearing a song.

In case people spot Lazarus and his awful driving skills...

lazarus_plate_small.jpg

You're reaching with this one.

And I like the fact that the bottom right of the license plate is in the Coldplay font. A nice juxtaposition with the name Lazarus.

Back
Top Bottom