RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am I supposed to start writing things in Japanese to make myself look intelligent/like a douche now too?

GreenStreetHooligans2005.jpg

Could they not get a better blurb than that?

Well, now that I think about it, probably not.

Thanks.

But this is a list of words I get when I look up "kuch":

untidy
trollop
slut
soiled
squalid
stupid

Let's go with that.

Incidentally, "starts fast and rarely lets up" was a customer review for Lance's Mom on Citysearch. I don't recall how many stars she got.

Actually, that Green Street Hooligans poster looks like the line outside Lance's Mom's place.

Though it could be a party of two and a party of five, respectively.

Kuch's Mom?

LMAO

Thanks.

But this is a list of words I get when I look up "kuch":

untidy
trollop
slut
soiled
squalid
stupid

It's none of those. My best guess as to what this: "Main kuch nahin kita. Lazarus mennu badnam karta siga" possibly means is... "I didn't say anything. Lazarus is the one insulting me." But this is from my knowledge of Hindi and I think he is speaking in Punjabi or something.

:corn:

I thought it was fitting as the harnesses for the drums they were wearing crisscrossed sideways over their Radiohead t-shirts similar to a one strap bag, which as Joyful will inform you, is the "look of choice" of all Radiohead fans.

I thought it was fitting as the harnesses for the drums they were wearing crisscrossed sideways over their Radiohead t-shirts similar to a one strap bag, which as Joyful will inform you, is the "look of choice" of all Radiohead fans.

I think that's just the way those harnesses are for the battery. My sister's in the battery in drumline and she has the same kind of harness.

(P.S. I told her to watch and she texted me after saying Man I wish I could've been on of those drummers! :lol: my 'lil sis :hug: :love: :hug:

Is it really? fascinating.

Wanna be in my gang? Meet the uber-fans | Music | The Guardian

Wanna Be In My Gang?

... What is far more fascinating is the way true fanatics can see aesthetic consistencies within the seemingly unremarkable. Until glancing at these photographs, I had never realised that the defining quality of a diehard Radiohead fan was the wearing of a diagonal strap across one's torso. What does that even mean? What do these people hear on Bodysnatchers that makes this visual determination so self-evident? It's not like this extraneous strap is some kind of widespread youth trend that lead guitarist Jonny Greenwood is spearheading; this is not like thousands of teenagers getting Beatles haircuts because that's the style of the time. It is not a look that will spill over into conventional society.

This personal choice has something to do with proving that you are not like a normal person, and it suggests you understand something about Radiohead that the average citizen cannot see or hear or feel. It goes to the nucleus of why pop music matters - at its highest levels of achievement, rock'n'roll is supposed to serve as "lifestyle music". It should have the potential to inform every single decision about being alive. And for these photogenic goofballs, it obviously does.

10-3147.jpg

For the record, I wear a diagonal strap to all concerts - if I'm carrying a purse, that is. You can take the girl out of NYC but you cannot take NYC out of the girl, as they say. The way to not get your bag stolen is to wear it diagonally across your chest, and it also balances the weight better. Take it from a girl with a heavy bag, diagonal is the way to go.

So I have no idea why these other losers are wearing diagonal straps. :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom