RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really would like to start to hear Pablo Honey now, but I'm having a little trouble in stop listening to OKC. Especially the last three songs.
Btw, anyone else here thinks that Paperbag Writer is awesome?

^ :no: :no: :no:

It's by no means great, but there are some really nice, good, potential-for-great songs on there:

"Stop Whispering" :up:
"Thinking About You" :up:
"Lurgee" :drool: :drool:
"Blow Out" :drool: :drool: :combust: :rockon:

. . . and no matter how "fridge-buzz", overplayed it was, still a rockin', tight song:
"Creep"

A Punchup at a Wedding is the song that makes me want to learn piano.

hammerheadshark.jpg

I've had that image for ages, and NOT ONCE was I able to use it during the tour. Seriously, not a single person here every mentioned it, so I've had to use it every chance I can get this last week.

I was about to tell GibsonExplorer to talk about Radiohead in the right thread, but then he could come here.... I'm glad I remained silent...

:lol:
I would have behaved the same way, minus the blog and pictures (I can't believe he took pictures, that's really bad).

Oh, btw, there were a bunch of songs in the torrent I download with Radiohead's b-sides and I can't find from where these songs are. Anyone could help me?
Here's a list:

Good Morning Mr. Magpie
On the Beach
Follow Me Around
Chernobyl 2
Duped
Nasty People
Try to Save Your Prize
Broken Bass Bin
I Want None of This
Momentum
I Promise

Please help :hug:

Those aren't official b-sides, if I remember correctly... probably from that big-ass bootleg that's floating around.

Well, I just found out that I Want None of This is from the Help!: A Day In the Life compilation.

Yeah... what bootleg is this that you were talking bout? :hmm:

Towering Above the Rest. It's got officially released b-sides, live tracks, and remixes, plus a bunch of unreleased material.

"Lift" is the best song they've done that's never been released. Fantastic stuff.

Hmmm.. thanks.
I'll see what I can find tomorrow. Now I need some sleep. "Lift"... seems promising. :wink:
(Still haven't listened to Pablo Honey....)

OUCH. As Joyful already said, I'm sure I would have done the same. One of my most embarrassing moments is blundering like an idiot when I walked over to the Idlewild merchandise table, looked up, and realized Rod Jones, the band's lead guitarist, was working the table :doh:

You need to understand that at the time, Idlewild was essentially what Okkervil River is to me now.

Kind of a mediocre tune.

I actually absolutely love it, one of my most listened to songs of theirs over the last 5 years or so.

Of course, that could be because it was the ONLY new Radiohead song for about 3 or 4 years...

Back
Top Bottom