RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will never agree with you guys on the HTTT front. It's not even that bad. I just find it unbelievably uninspired and directionless. I probably wouldn't even be interested in Radiohead right now had In Rainbows sounded like that.

HTTT was the record that soured me to Radiohead. And I think I'm one of the few who rates IR lower than 3rd.

I don't suppose anyone's watched the anime Ergo Proxy with Paranoid Android over the closing credits....

Btw how fucking immense will it be to have U2 and Radiohead at the Grammy's....any one smelling a Sexy Nude collaboration....or something else as daft:love:

HTTT was the record that soured me to Radiohead. And I think I'm one of the few who rates IR lower than 3rd.

Well Lance doesn't like it. I'm surprised he hasn't popped in here to say "In Lameblows" once again.

I don't think I'd rank it any higher than 4th, even though I love it.

Never been a huge fan, either. I don't dislike it, but I like Lucky, Let Down, No Surprises, Airbag, The Tourist, Subterranean Homesick Alien, Karma Police all more than that song.

Climbing Up the Walls is boring.

Funny, I consider Paranoid Android and Climbing Up the Walls the two best songs on that album, and the former one of the best songs ever.

I love the acoustic guitar in the first two minutes of the song.

Hail to the Thief is all over the place, I'd say I enjoy half of it.

With Kid A, I can understand the appreciation for it, but I really can't get into most of it.

my problem with Android is that I have heard it too many times, it's like Bullet or Pride or SBS... Good tune but overplayed, for me at least...

Hearing the acoustic version with just Yorke really made me appreciate how fucking good it is.

I will say that when I performed it in school, I think it didn't go over all that well. Probably not a good song for people who've never heard it before.

my problem with Android is that I have heard it too many times, it's like Bullet or Pride or SBS... Good tune but overplayed, for me at least...

Yeah, I can see this. But every time I've heard it live (which is every show I've seen) I get all excited when I hear those opening notes so I guess I'm not burned out on it yet.

I love every RH record except PH. I don't think I've said that yet this week.

The Bends was the only album I liked after first listen, but it's my third favorite now.

Yeah, I can see this. But every time I've heard it live (which is every show I've seen) I get all excited when I hear those opening notes so I guess I'm not burned out on it yet.
It burns the house down live. :drool:

I love every RH record except PH. I don't think I've said that yet this week.
Are we the same person? No, wait. I've seen us together in the same room, so we can't be.

Well, I feel the same way about their albums, and I'm not a woman, nor is my name Martha. So there.

Before i got into radiohead properly my bro used to work in oxford. His mate's dad was the manager of radiohead!

A number of time my bro brushed shoulders with Thom Yorke but never got his autograph or photo. I kept telling him that he should stop him but he never did and missed out bigtime.

He is seen quite often walking down the city centre - this was in the 2002-5 era
Dont know if he is still seen about

I missed the "Climbing Up the Walls" discussion from earlier, but it's easily in my top five of their tunes.

GIVE ME ATTENTION.

I missed the "Climbing Up the Walls" discussion from earlier, but it's easily in my top five of their tunes.

GIVE ME ATTENTION.

I agree with you, Imperor, it's one of my favorites as well.

ATTENTION GIVEN.

GIVE ME ATTENTION.

It's absolutely fantastic. After the second chorus it just gets epic all over your ass.

Back
Top Bottom