RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now I'm going to have go order some second choice shirt that won't look all that good on me. :angry:

Anything'll look good on you. :drool:

Put this on a t-shirt then.

b12628123.jpg

I've heard they're recording after the small 2009 tour in central and South America, but other than that, nothing.

I do hope they win the Grammy's that they are nominated for. I am absolutely in love with IN/RAINBOWS. I have listened to it non-stop since it came out and I have yet to grow tired of it. It has been a long time that I have been that in love with an album. :heart:

It's up for Album of the Year, right? And it kicks ass? Won't win.

Whoa, "Paper Planes" is up for Record of the Year? HOLY FUCK.

This one's going to be one tough category!

Best Rock Song

# Girls In Their Summer Clothes
Bruce Springsteen, songwriter (Bruce Springsteen)
Track from: Magic
[Columbia; Publisher: Bruce Springsteen]

# House Of Cards
Colin Greenwood, Jonny Greenwood, Ed O'Brien, Philip Selway & Thom Yorke, songwriters (Radiohead)
Track from: In Rainbows
[TBD Records; Publisher: Warner Chappell Music]

# I Will Possess Your Heart
Benjamin Gibbard, Nicholas Harmer, Jason McGerr & Christopher Walla, songwriters (Death Cab For Cutie)
Track from: Narrow Stairs
[Atlantic; Publishers: EMI Blackwood Music/Where I'm Calling From Music/Shove It Up Your Songs/Giant Beat Songs/Please Pass The Songs]

# Sex On Fire
Caleb Followill, Jared Followill, Matthew Followill & Nathan Followill, songwriters (Kings Of Leon)
[RCA Records; Publishers: Martha Street Music/Songs of Combustion Music/Music of Windswept, Followill Music/Songs of Combustion Music/Music of Windswept, McFearless Music/Bug Music, Coffee, Tea or Me Publishing/Bug Music]

# Violet Hill
Guy Berryman, Jonny Buckland, Will Champion & Chris Martin, songwriters (Coldplay)
Track from: Viva La Vida Or Death And All His Friends
[Capitol Records; Publisher: Universal Music-MGB Songs]

:yikes:

I'm fine with any so long as it's not Coldplay, but considering how mainstream the Grammy's are, I bet Coldplay sweeps all 7 of their nominations. :down: :barf:

Coldplay's song is unfortunately better than every other song in that category...

Sub-par Bruce song
One of the weakest tracks on In Rainbows
And Sex on Fire...really? A good song?

Coldplay's song is unfortunately better than every other song in that category...

Sub-par Bruce song

"House of Cards," while not my favorite from IR, runs circles around "Violet Hill," arguably the lamest track on that entire album.

"I Will Possess Your Heart" is the best song up there.

"House of Cards," while not my favorite from IR, runs circles around "Violet Hill," arguably the lamest track on that entire album.

"I Will Possess Your Heart" is the best song up there.

I haven't heard "I Will..." enough to really comment on it but I do slightly prefer Violet Hill to House of Cards; but really that list is awful.

Not a single one of those songs deserves to be there

Sub-par Bruce song

Never heard I Will Possess Your Heart? It's cracking stuff.

The Bruce song isn't special, but still better than Violet Hill, which is easily the worst song on Viva La Vida De Ricky Martin.

Worst song on IR (which HOC most certainly isn't) > best song on VLVDRM (which Violet Hill most certainly isn't)

Sex On Fire is total bullshit, so I can agree that it's the worst here.

1. House Of Cards
2. I Will Possess Your Heart
3. Girls In Their Summer Clothes
4. Violet Hill
5. Sex On Fire

Hope HOC wins, but any of the top 3 would be fine with me. It'll be Violet Hill though.

Wouldn't music be so much easier if we all didn't have opinions?

I really just don't want KOL to win, I am sick of that song. Overplayed on the radio way too much and I never liked it on first listen either

Wouldn't music be so much easier if we all didn't have opinions?

I really just don't want KOL to win, I am sick of that song. Overplayed on the radio way too much and I never liked it on first listen either

No one's attacking your opinion, just presenting theirs. Last time I checked, that was alright.

I've never understood how overexposure makes a song crappy. A song that's crappy will probably sound the best the first couple of times, but a song shouldn't go from crappy, to good, and back to crappy again.

The only way Sex On Fire sounds good is muted.

Back
Top Bottom