RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9 - Page 41 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 PM   #601
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,331
Local Time: 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
There There as the WORST song on HTTT?




indeed
__________________

__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 05:52 PM   #602
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,960
Local Time: 06:39 PM
OMG, u gaiz r 3litistz
__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:27 PM   #603
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 10:39 PM
Well, just listened to Amnesiac (listening again).
This is the first I'm hearing for the first time (HTTT, OK, Bends and Kid I've had listened previously before enjoying and loving them; for those who lost the previous chapters .)
I must say Amnesiac is a poor album. Despite 3-4 great songs it's doesn't have the same appeal as the other four (and In Rainbows) have. I mean, what the hell is "Morning Bell/Amnesiac" doing here? What's the point? The song is great, but it doesn't belong here. Well, it's my first listen, maybe it'll grow. But right now I don't feel it deserves to be compared to IR, OK, Bends, Kid and even HTTT, which is a very strong album when compared to this. (And actually, it is a good album, but not brillant like the other four.)

And just for fun, here's how I would rank Amnesiac tracks: (the first three are so good they almost save the album by themselves.)

#1 Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
#2 You and Whose Army?
#3 Life In a Glass House
#4 Morning Bell/Amnesiac
#5 Knives Out
#6 Pyramid Song
#7 I Might Be Wrong
...
#8 Packt Like Sardines In a Crushd Tin Box
#9 Dollars and Cents
#10 Like Spinning Plates
#11 Hunting Bears

So, now I'll listen to In Rainbows.... this one I already know, it's great.
Now I need advice on EPs and B-sides. Show me what you got, folks!
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 07:29 PM   #604
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,960
Local Time: 06:39 PM
When Amnesiac came out, pretty much every poster in this forum liked it more than Kid A. That was when there was actually a "Radiohead" section of Interference....
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:01 PM   #605
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,947
Local Time: 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:MrMacPhisto:. View Post
Well, just listened to Amnesiac (listening again).
This is the first I'm hearing for the first time (HTTT, OK, Bends and Kid I've had listened previously before enjoying and loving them; for those who lost the previous chapters .)
I must say Amnesiac is a poor album. Despite 3-4 great songs it's doesn't have the same appeal as the other four (and In Rainbows) have. I mean, what the hell is "Morning Bell/Amnesiac" doing here? What's the point? The song is great, but it doesn't belong here. Well, it's my first listen, maybe it'll grow. But right now I don't feel it deserves to be compared to IR, OK, Bends, Kid and even HTTT, which is a very strong album when compared to this. (And actually, it is a good album, but not brillant like the other four.)

And just for fun, here's how I would rank Amnesiac tracks: (the first three are so good they almost save the album by themselves.)

#1 Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
#2 You and Whose Army?
#3 Life In a Glass House
#4 Morning Bell/Amnesiac
#5 Knives Out
#6 Pyramid Song
#7 I Might Be Wrong
...
#8 Packt Like Sardines In a Crushd Tin Box
#9 Dollars and Cents
#10 Like Spinning Plates
#11 Hunting Bears

So, now I'll listen to In Rainbows.... this one I already know, it's great.
Now I need advice on EPs and B-sides. Show me what you got, folks!
Finally someone who appreciates the brilliance of the song as much (or possibly more) as I do...though I'd rank it as the fourth best song on the album, behind Pyramid, Spinnin' Plates and Might Be Wrong.
__________________
intedomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:14 PM   #606
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 10:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Finally someone who appreciates the brilliance of the song as much (or possibly more) as I do...though I'd rank it as the fourth best song on the album, behind Pyramid, Spinnin' Plates and Might Be Wrong.
"Finally someone"??
I can't believe that a song like this is bashed by the Radiohead fanbase. To me it's one of their strongest tracks.
On another note; another proof that video clips can make you like a song even more: I just watched Pyramid Song's video and I'm all
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 06:15 PM   #607
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,331
Local Time: 04:39 PM
Amnesiac: Not really a good gym album.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 12:53 PM   #608
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 10:39 PM


Anyway, just listened to In Rainbows again... I would make a description, but I'm tired now, so I'll just say:
And, of course, rank the songs:

#1 House of Cards
#2 Nude
#3 Bodysnatchers
#4 Faust Arp
#5 All I Need
#6 15 Step
#7 Videotape
#8 Reckoner
#9 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
#10 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Now I'll listen to some b-sides....
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:00 PM   #609
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 37,990
Local Time: 04:39 PM
Wow, you need to stop posting these lists because they're getting worse every time.

Arpeggi as the worst?

PLEASE BAN.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #610
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 10:39 PM


Why I didn't start to like Radiohead before?! I'm this....

EDIT: It's not because it's on the bottom of the list that I think it's a bad song.
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:04 PM   #611
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by .:MrMacPhisto:. View Post


Anyway, just listened to In Rainbows again... I would make a description, but I'm tired now, so I'll just say:
And, of course, rank the songs:

#1 House of Cards
#2 Nude
#3 Bodysnatchers
#4 Faust Arp
#5 All I Need
#6 15 Step
#7 Videotape
#8 Reckoner
#9 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
#10 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Now I'll listen to some b-sides....
1. Jigsaw Falling into Place
2. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
3. All I Need
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Reckoner
6. 15 Step
7. Nude
8. House of Cards
9. Faust Arp
10. Videotape

That's much more correct.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:06 PM   #612
MMP
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,020
Local Time: 10:39 PM
Really? Jigsaw at the top?
__________________
MMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #613
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
coemgen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Black and White Town
Posts: 3,962
Local Time: 07:39 PM
I just listened to this today. Seems like it gets better every time.

I need to get the b-sides now.
__________________
coemgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #614
Blue Crack Addict
 
phanan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: in the darkness on the edge of town
Posts: 25,060
Local Time: 07:39 PM
I need to listen to In Rainbows again. It's been a while.
__________________
phanan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 01:10 PM   #615
Blue Crack Supplier
 
elevated_u2_fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: I'm here 'cus I don't want to go home
Posts: 31,690
Local Time: 07:39 PM
1.Reckoner
2.House Of Cards
3.Nude
4.Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
5.All I Need
6.Videotape
7.Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8.Bodysnatchers
9.15 Step
10.Faust ARP
__________________

__________________
elevated_u2_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in rainbows, radiohead

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:39 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com