RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreeing with the sentiment here on WSYB, and thanks to LM and Intedomine on their defenses of Scatterbrain, which I wasn't able to articulate as well myself.

Why "We Suck Young Blood" made the album over "Where Bluebirds Fly" does not make any sense to me.

"Gagging Order," no matter how awesome it is, barely fits in the context of the album... maybe after "Go to Sleep" or something.

I hate those moments in songs that kick ass, but only last momentarily and are the best parts of the song. Liek how the best part of Echoes only lasts for 42 seconds, or that guitar part in Morning Bell before "cut the kids in half".

or that guitar part in Morning Bell before "cut the kids in half".

:lol: I felt that way for the longest time. I thought of it as the one beam of sunlight cutting through an utterly drab, monotonous song. I definitely don't feel that way about it anymore.

I actually kinda like the Kid A version of Morning Bell a little better, the Amnesiac version gets a little shrill at some points...

And I would like to say I don't hate Scatterbrian, it's a decent enough song and all, just not a favourite of mine is all...

I hate those moments in songs that kick ass, but only last momentarily and are the best parts of the song. Liek how the best part of Echoes only lasts for 42 seconds, or that guitar part in Morning Bell before "cut the kids in half".

Definitely. That part in Morning Bell is spectacular, especially the Oxford 2001 version. And what 40 seconds in Echoes are you implying? Is it that beautiful part where Gilmour comes back with the chiming guitar after the psychedelic break? Because that one is for me the best Pink Floyd moment ever.

Definitely. That part in Morning Bell is spectacular, especially the Oxford 2001 version. And what 40 seconds in Echoes are you implying? Is it that beautiful part where Gilmour comes back with the chiming guitar after the psychedelic break? Because that one is for me the best Pink Floyd moment ever.

Yeah, that's the one, about 18 odd minutes I think it starts. Completely agree it's one of my favourite moments.

I actually kinda like the Kid A version of Morning Bell a little better, the Amnesiac version gets a little shrill at some points...

The Amnesiac version is quite gorgeous, but also incredibly repetitive. It's clearly at demo stage there. Give me the Kid A version on most days.

Bad news on the Aussie tour front :( Interview with Ed O'Brien (I now know the names of two members :D) in this The Big Issue magazine that I brought from a less fortunate bloke doing something better than drawing on the pavement.

Q: Any plans to return to Australia, or is it just too damned far away?
A: Unfortunately, not for the foreseeable future. I'd love to, but only if we got to spend a good chunk of time wiht you lot, rather than the ridiculous in-and-out job we did in 2004, where we all got ill and had to cancel a show in Melbourne. We never cancel shows, so that was a huge disappointment for us... Apologies again to those who we failed.

*reads post again*

They had to Cancel because Mr.Yorke's voice was fucked, at least thats what my memory is telling me to type.

But that does not sit will with me :(

Me neither. Not coming because "we did a shit job last time" is pisspoor excuse. All the more reason to come, and also, one show is better than none! :mad:

:( I'm sorry.

My only Radiohead complaint at the moment is that my well-used Sigg water bottle from the tour now has two big dents in it since I am apparently clumsy. :reject:

My only Radiohead complaint at the moment is that my well-used Sigg water bottle from the tour now has two big dents in it since I am apparently clumsy. :reject:

I've yet to even use mine because I don't want the lettering to come off. It's been displayed on my kitchen counter since August....

It's bloody fantastic. Videotape is a masterpiece.

And I'm not giving up hope. Didn't give up when it seemed U2 weren't going to tour, and they came.

Being that I work in international logistics, I honestly can't imagine how much it would cost a group when they have an enormous stage show, like Radiohead's, to just come to Australia. The amount of stage hands and equipment they'd just need to transfer there unfortunately probably lowers the amount of profit they'd make enough that it's just not feasible or desirable for most bands in that sort of situation.

It totally sucks, and I completely feel for all the Australian fans, but I can see the band's side of it as well.

But is it not the same for all other big bands that come and tour here? It'd be expensive as well. I haven't seen their stare show, so I can't say much, but they'd be playing at Rod Laver, I'd assume, so they cut down the size etc.

:lol: I was so confident they'd come before I read this! :(

But is it not the same for all other big bands that come and tour here? It'd be expensive as well. I haven't seen their stare show, so I can't say much, but they'd be playing at Rod Laver, I'd assume, so they cut down the size etc.

:lol: I was so confident they'd come before I read this! :(

Yes, it would, but most "regular" bands aren't bringing along huge stage equipment, lighting, screens, roadies/tech guys, etc. Radiohead's stage show was unbelievable this tour. I'm sure they know exactly how many shows they have to play with what kind of attendance to just make up for transportation costs on something like that.

If they were just showing up and playing with nothing but their instruments, they could probably make it work. I'm assuming they don't want to do that though, as the stage show was a major part of the tour this time around.

It's bloody fantastic. Videotape is a masterpiece.

And I'm not giving up hope. Didn't give up when it seemed U2 weren't going to tour, and they came.

I like Videotape, but find the drums kind of annoying. I prefer it performed without them, like the live version from the basement.

But there's not a weak track on the album.

Same deal, all these gun live bands I wanna see like Travis and Keane not coming to Australia, it pains me.

When Radiohead toured here last time, 03 I think, they played one gig at Rod Laver and they opened with When Bluebirds Fly...

Back
Top Bottom