RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joyful's 8 & 9 shock and disturb me.
:eek:

Be neither shocked nor disturbed: it's all good.

Keep in mind that the first 5 songs on my list are basically #1s and the second 5 songs are basically #2s. I love every song on IR.

That said, I've always felt that IR is mostly about the slower songs for me. The rockers aren't as interesting as the rockers on their other records. I still love them.

Also, I suck at rating songs.

Finally, none of this is as shocking & disturbing as you not loving Meeting Across the River as much as the rest of BTR.

Capisce?

1. Reckoner
2. 15 Step
3. Arpeggi
4. Nude
5. House of Cards
6. Bodysnatchers
7. Jigsaw
8. Faust ARP
9. All I Need
10. Videotape

Finally, none of this is as shocking & disturbing as you not loving Meeting Across the River as much as the rest of BTR.

Capisce?

:wink:

Yeah, I don't enjoy the "rate all the songs on an album" type lists either, as it makes it appear as if you rate some tracks extremely poorly, even if you think they're fantastic. Ratings, schmatings, lists, schmists.

Also, in retrospect, I absolutely hated 15 Step until a day or two before Santa Barbara, so who am I to judge. :reject:

I think I like Videotape much more than everyone else.

Also, in retrospect, I absolutely hated 15 Step until a day or two before Santa Barbara, so who am I to judge. :reject:

That's right. You told me that during the song. Jigsaw was the last song I bonded with. Now I love it.

I've never understood why people don't adore Jigsaw like I do. I think it's one of their five best songs ever.

I should also state that I like every song on this album, and love most of them. I've even warmed up to the album version of Videotape.

I probably rate Bodysnatchers so low because it's the least inventive song on the album, and just comes off as a generic rocker to me. I like it, but they could write that shit in their sleep, and I much prefer something like 2+2=5.

All these years of watching Bono try to play guitar make someone like Yorke playing guitar look a lot more impressive, because he's not bad at all.

All these years of watching Bono try to play guitar make someone like Yorke playing guitar look a lot more impressive, because he's not bad at all.

A good amount of the time, Yorke is actually playing lead. (well, his rhythm part is the "main" guitar part at least)

Hey, who could say? Radiohead has very good b-sides... God, I'm loving this band.

Kinda off topic:
Been listening to Thom Yorke's solo album... some good stuff in there.

I've never understood why people don't adore Jigsaw like I do. I think it's one of their five best songs ever.

I love Jigsaw, but do not feel that it fits into the overall atmosphere of the album. I personally think that Down Is the New Up should have been slated at the 4 spot and Arpeggi moved down to 9.

I love Jigsaw, but do not feel that it fits into the overall atmosphere of the album. I personally think that Down Is the New Up should have been slated at the 4 spot and Arpeggi moved down to 9.

Agree, but then Arpeggi would look even worse after something like House of Cards. :wink:

Well, I'm procrastinating on my homework so here are my lists from The Bends to In Rainbows.

The Bends
1. Just
2. Street Spirit
3. Fake Plastic Trees
4. My Iron Lung
5. Planet Telex
6. The Bends
7. (Nice Dream)
8. Bullet Proof...I Wish I Was
9. High and Dry
10. Black Star
11. Bones
12. Sulk

OK Computer
1. Karma Police
2. Paranoid Android
3. Climbing Up The Walls
4. No Surprises
5. The Tourist
6. Lucky
7. Exit Music
8. Airbag
9. Electioneering
10. Subterranean Homesick Alien
11. Fitter Happier
12. Let Down

Kid A
1. How to Disappear Completely
2. Idioteque
3. The National Anthem
4. Optimistic
5. Everything in its Right Place
6. Morning Bell
7. Motion Picture Soundtrack
8. In Limbo
9. Kid A
10. Treefingers

Amnesiac
1. Pyramid Song
2. You and Whose Army
3. Life In A Glass House
4. I Might Be Wrong
5. Morning Bell/Amnesiac
6. Knives Out
7. Packt Like Sardines in a Crshed Tin Box
8. Like Spinning Plates
9. Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
10. Dollars and Cents
11. Hunting Bears

Hail to the Thief
1. There There
2. Where I End and You Begin
3. Go To Sleep
4. Wolf At The Door
5. 2+2=5
6. Sit Down, Stand Up
7. Myxomatosis
8. Sail To The Moon
9. I Will
10. The Gloaming
11. A Punch Up At A Wedding
12. Backdrifts
13. Scatterbrain
14. We Suck Young Blood

In Rainbows
1. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
2. Reckoner
3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Nude
6. All I Need
7. 15 Step
8. Videotape
9. House of Cards
10. Faust ARP

Seriously, what's so good about There There and Jigsaw?

Oh, time for my Radiohead top 10. Get your guns ready folks: :sexywink:

#10 Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
#9 Maquiladora
#8 2+2=5 (The Lukewarm.)
#7 The Tourist
#6 House of Cards
#5 Planet Telex
#4 Morning Bell
#3 Fake Plastic Trees
#2 No Surprises
#1 Paranoid Android

I won't even give a week for this to completely change. :D

1. ReckoneR
2. Wierd Fishes Arpeggi
3. House Of Cards

4. Bodysnatchers
5. Faust ARP
6. All I Need
7. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8. Nude
9. Videotape
10. 15 Step

Seriously, what's so good about There There and Jigsaw?

Oh, time for my Radiohead top 10. Get your guns ready folks: :sexywink:

#10 Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
#9 Maquiladora
#8 2+2=5 (The Lukewarm.)
#7 The Tourist
#6 House of Cards
#5 Planet Telex
#4 Morning Bell
#3 Fake Plastic Trees
#2 No Surprises
#1 Paranoid Android

I won't even give a week for this to completely change. :D

Jigsaw is more of a minority thing, so don't worry about that. But your dislike of There There is an abomination and needs to be corrected. Listen to it more.

I am just going to throw this out there - Nude is the finest rock vocal that I have ever heard. The nuance and atmosphere behind Thom's performance on that song are absolutely stunning.

I haven't heard Pablo Honey yet... what am I missing? Is it all like Creep? cause I hate Creep.... :huh:

Well, you'll probably think it's their best album.

:wink:

Seriously, though, I think Lurgee is one of their best songs ever.

Well, I'll give the album a listen tonight... maybe I'll be back with some opinions for you all to bash. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom