RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, just listened to Amnesiac (listening again).
This is the first I'm hearing for the first time (HTTT, OK, Bends and Kid I've had listened previously before enjoying and loving them; for those who lost the previous chapters ;).)
I must say Amnesiac is a poor album. Despite 3-4 great songs it's doesn't have the same appeal as the other four (and In Rainbows) have. I mean, what the hell is "Morning Bell/Amnesiac" doing here? What's the point? The song is great, but it doesn't belong here. Well, it's my first listen, maybe it'll grow. But right now I don't feel it deserves to be compared to IR, OK, Bends, Kid and even HTTT, which is a very strong album when compared to this. (And actually, it is a good album, but not brillant like the other four.)

And just for fun, here's how I would rank Amnesiac tracks: (the first three are so good they almost save the album by themselves.)

#1 Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
#2 You and Whose Army?
#3 Life In a Glass House
#4 Morning Bell/Amnesiac
#5 Knives Out
#6 Pyramid Song
#7 I Might Be Wrong
#8 Packt Like Sardines In a Crushd Tin Box
#9 Dollars and Cents
#10 Like Spinning Plates
#11 Hunting Bears

So, now I'll listen to In Rainbows.... this one I already know, it's great.
Now I need advice on EPs and B-sides. Show me what you got, folks! :wink:

When Amnesiac came out, pretty much every poster in this forum liked it more than Kid A. That was when there was actually a "Radiohead" section of Interference....

Well, just listened to Amnesiac (listening again).
This is the first I'm hearing for the first time (HTTT, OK, Bends and Kid I've had listened previously before enjoying and loving them; for those who lost the previous chapters ;).)
I must say Amnesiac is a poor album. Despite 3-4 great songs it's doesn't have the same appeal as the other four (and In Rainbows) have. I mean, what the hell is "Morning Bell/Amnesiac" doing here? What's the point? The song is great, but it doesn't belong here. Well, it's my first listen, maybe it'll grow. But right now I don't feel it deserves to be compared to IR, OK, Bends, Kid and even HTTT, which is a very strong album when compared to this. (And actually, it is a good album, but not brillant like the other four.)

And just for fun, here's how I would rank Amnesiac tracks: (the first three are so good they almost save the album by themselves.)

#1 Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors
#2 You and Whose Army?
#3 Life In a Glass House
#4 Morning Bell/Amnesiac
#5 Knives Out
#6 Pyramid Song
#7 I Might Be Wrong
#8 Packt Like Sardines In a Crushd Tin Box
#9 Dollars and Cents
#10 Like Spinning Plates
#11 Hunting Bears

So, now I'll listen to In Rainbows.... this one I already know, it's great.
Now I need advice on EPs and B-sides. Show me what you got, folks! :wink:

Finally someone who appreciates the brilliance of the song as much (or possibly more) as I do...though I'd rank it as the fourth best song on the album, behind Pyramid, Spinnin' Plates and Might Be Wrong.

Finally someone who appreciates the brilliance of the song as much (or possibly more) as I do...though I'd rank it as the fourth best song on the album, behind Pyramid, Spinnin' Plates and Might Be Wrong.

"Finally someone"??
I can't believe that a song like this is bashed by the Radiohead fanbase. To me it's one of their strongest tracks.
On another note; another proof that video clips can make you like a song even more: I just watched Pyramid Song's video and I'm all :drool:

:lmao:

Anyway, just listened to In Rainbows again... I would make a description, but I'm tired now, so I'll just say: :heart::heart:
And, of course, rank the songs: :sexywink:

#1 House of Cards
#2 Nude
#3 Bodysnatchers
#4 Faust Arp
#5 All I Need
#6 15 Step
#7 Videotape
#8 Reckoner
#9 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
#10 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Now I'll listen to some b-sides....

Why I didn't start to like Radiohead before?! I'm :heart: this....

EDIT: It's not because it's on the bottom of the list that I think it's a bad song. ;)

Anyway, just listened to In Rainbows again... I would make a description, but I'm tired now, so I'll just say: :heart::heart:
And, of course, rank the songs: :sexywink:

#1 House of Cards
#2 Nude
#3 Bodysnatchers
#4 Faust Arp
#5 All I Need
#6 15 Step
#7 Videotape
#8 Reckoner
#9 Jigsaw Falling Into Place
#10 Weird Fishes/Arpeggi

Now I'll listen to some b-sides....

1. Jigsaw Falling into Place
2. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
3. All I Need
4. Bodysnatchers
5. Reckoner
6. 15 Step
7. Nude
8. House of Cards
9. Faust Arp
10. Videotape

That's much more correct.

Our are pretty similar, elfa...

1. All I Need
2. House of Cards
3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
4. Reckoner
5. 15 Step
6. Nude
7. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8. Bodysnatchers
9. Videotape
10. Faust ARP

House of Cards is beautiful. :hug:

EDIT: I'm wondering what would be the reactions if I posted my Radiohead top 10 songs.....

Oh, and btw, I've been listening to their b-sides (it's officialy Radiohead week at my house.) and well, there's some crap... but there's some good stuff here.

So far I liked a lot:
Maquiladora
The Trickster
Palo Alto

I need to find In Rainbows b-sides

EDIT: What the hell is that song at the background of Lewis (Mistreated)? Is it Iron Lung?
EDIT II: Just realized that In Rainbows b-sides are what is in that bonus disc, which I have.

their best b-sides (imo) are:

Meeting In The Aisle - Airbag/How Am I Driving? Ep
Fog - Knives Out Single
Cuttooth - Knives Out Single
Gagging Order - Comlag 2+2=5 EP
Pretty Much all of the In Rainbows B-sides (minus the MK's)

It should be noted that that ranking means very little. I love every track on In Rainbows.

Our are pretty similar, elfa...

1. All I Need
2. House of Cards
3. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
4. Reckoner
5. 15 Step
6. Nude
7. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
8. Bodysnatchers
9. Videotape
10. Faust ARP

1. Weird Fishes
2. All I Need
3. 15 Step
4. Reckoner
5. House of Cards
6. Bodysnatchers
7. Jigsaw Falling into Place
8. Nude
9. Videotape
10. Faust ARP

for me... love nearly every song though.

1. All I Need
2. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
3. Reckoner
4. Nude
5. House of Cards
6. Jigsaw Falling Into Place
7. Faust ARP
8. 15 Step
9. Bodysnatchers
10. Videotape

I guess. I don't know. I love everything.

Cool... none list even resembles mine. :reject:

Cool... none list even resembles mine. :reject:

You and I like Faust Arp better than everyone else. I had it above Jigsaw for a minute until I remembered how much that song rocks live.

The first three songs on my list are all actually tied for #1 but I made myself pick an order for them.

Back
Top Bottom