RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9 - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-26-2009, 05:48 PM   #301
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:12 PM
I've decided to re-listen to Amnesiac.

I did a similar thing with Hail to the Thief earlier this week, which confirmed my thoughts that it contains some great tracks but is really inconsistent.
__________________

__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 05:55 PM   #302
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 07:12 PM
I've never understood the hate for Hail to the Thief.

__________________

__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #303
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
I've never understood the hate for Hail to the Thief.

I don't hate it: I enjoy about half of it, find the rest uninteresting.

2+2=5, There There, A Punchup at a Wedding, Myxomatosis, and A Wolf at the Door are all great tracks.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:32 PM   #304
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:12 PM
I think I prefer Morning Bell/Amnesiac to Morning Bell on Kid A.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:33 PM   #305
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post

2+2=5, There There, A Punchup at a Wedding, Myxomatosis, and A Wolf at the Door are all great tracks.
You forgot Go to Sleep.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:35 PM   #306
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,805
Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
I've decided to re-listen to Amnesiac.

I did a similar thing with Hail to the Thief earlier this week, which confirmed my thoughts that it contains some great tracks but is really inconsistent.
I just find it boring and overlong; Radiohead on autopilot, really.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:38 PM   #307
Blue Meth Addict
 
u2popmofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Texas
Posts: 36,961
Local Time: 07:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
You forgot Go to Sleep.
And Sit Down, Stand Up.

And Sail to the Moon.

And Where I End and You Begin.

And I Will.
__________________
u2popmofo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:41 PM   #308
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,002
Local Time: 05:12 PM
I wish I could forget I Will.
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 06:51 PM   #309
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,335
Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
And Sit Down, Stand Up.

And Sail to the Moon.

And Where I End and You Begin.

And I Will.
:solidarityfist:
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:50 PM   #310
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,949
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Amnesiac is just ugly to the ear, and I don't mean that as if to say it's a crap album, because it's not crap at all. Some solid tracks on there (Pyramid, Might Be Wrong, Spinning Plates), but it has zilch feel-good factor at all.

Something very unsettling about the album for me......difficult to listen to.
__________________
intedomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 07:55 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
You forgot Go to Sleep.
Quote:
Originally Posted by u2popmofo View Post
And Sit Down, Stand Up.

And Sail to the Moon.

And Where I End and You Begin.

And I Will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
:solidarityfist:
:solidarityfist:
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:06 PM   #312
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
Amnesiac is just ugly to the ear, and I don't mean that as if to say it's a crap album, because it's not crap at all. Some solid tracks on there (Pyramid, Might Be Wrong, Spinning Plates), but it has zilch feel-good factor at all.

Something very unsettling about the album for me......difficult to listen to.
It's not supposed to have a feel-good factor.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:11 PM   #313
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
intedomine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 7,949
Local Time: 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
It's not supposed to have a feel-good factor.

It's got a feel-bad factor then, whereas all of Radiohead's other albums have a feel-neutral factor at least.

I would like to enjoy the listening experience....
__________________
intedomine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM   #314
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by intedomine View Post
It's got a feel-bad factor then, whereas all of Radiohead's other albums have a feel-neutral factor at least.

I would like to enjoy the listening experience....
Uh ... what?

How can you possibly label each album as having a "feel?" You're telling me Climbing up the Walls is neutral?

Not only do I think that assessment is wrong, I also think you're generalizing, and I think I can enjoy "feel-bad" music (if that even makes sense) if it's good and it hits you somewhere. But I don't think it makes sense.

To sum up: I disagree strongly with everything you said in that post.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 08:29 PM   #315
Refugee
 
MadForIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,232
Local Time: 02:12 PM
I dont think Radiohead have ever written a song which you would sing with your friends in a jolly mood - do Radiohead fans sing along at their gigs?

They dont feel good tunes - this is not a dig/slur at the band. They have captured the "world is going to end" market and no one can touch them

They should tour everywhere and stop messing about with this reducing their carbon footprint idea, as the fans will make a big enough footprint when they travel miles to get to one of their limited number of shows
__________________

__________________
MadForIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
in rainbows, radiohead

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com