RA D IOHE_AD "IN/RAINBOWS" continuing discussion thread part 9

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Don't%20feed%20the%20troll.jpg

FYM needs a big dose of this right now. :giggle:

I was just asking a question of intedomine, because it struck me as odd and I wanted to hear a response. I wasn't saying it made him wrong, I just disagreed.

Was it necessary? Maybe, maybe not. But it wasn't unwarranted. It's not just me and him disagreeing. He's admittedly a terrible person, but thinks it's rationalized by thought process. My point is that it's not, that he never thought about it at all, that he's extremely unintelligent, and a horrible person who deserves the absolute worst.

Charming.

I don't know why that would have been directed at you, intedomine, as you've been pretty polite.

Are you sure you're not talking about someone else, P-fan?

The paragraph change was to signify my response to different parts of the post COBL made. Only the first sentence is about intedomine.

The part he underlined is about MadForIt.

Yeah, my fault for the miscommunication.

Though you are the arch-rival of a fellow Musketeer, so stay on your toes.

o rly?... do tell.. inquiring minds wanna know..:hmm:

4 A grades at A Level and a degree from a top 10 UK uni - first person to ever do that from my school.

May not seem that big a deal but no one does that well at the school i went to. Local school full of a great mix of people, most of whom will end up on the dole or in jail.

Currently doing masters degree, but i hate it. I now hate studying.

This may explain why i come on here and vent such comments in a variety of threads

4 A grades at A Level and a degree from a top 10 UK uni - first person to ever do that from my school.

May not seem that big a deal but no one does that well at the school i went to. Local school full of a great mix of people, most of whom will end up on the dole or in jail.

Currently doing masters degree, but i hate it. I now hate studying.

This may explain why i come on here and vent such comments in a variety of threads

You're like a Pommy version of me.

Ok.

Here's what ended up on my cowboy friend's mix:
Go To Sleep
Optimistic
2+2=5
There There
and the whole cd ends with Let Down.

I put five Radiohead songs on it because that's what started the whole thing. There are 17 songs on the cd. I'm happy with it. :)

Was the intention to be introductory to Radiohead? I only ask because 3 of the 5 songs are from Hail to the Thief.

If I was personally choosing five Radiohead songs to introduce someone, I'd put something like:

Just
Paranoid Android
Idioteque
There There
Weird Fishes

Not my five favorite, but pretty representative of their career.

5 most encapsualtive Radiohead songs.

Black Star
Paranoid Android
Morning Bell
House Of Cards
Go To Sleep

By no means the best 5 songs, but they give an dequate coverage of Radiohead are all about in terms of their sound...

It took me forever to choose just five songs. At first I was only going to have one or two, but I couldn't pick. The five I did pick go well with the other songs. It's a very subjective little mixtape. :)

You did good. When in doubt, I think it's always best to go with what you like instead of trying to guess what the other person will like. :up:

My five introductory Radiohead songs would be Airbag, Electioneering, Climbing Up The Walls, Idioteque, and Optimistic.

See, I don't really like Paranoid Android all that much. :huh:

Never been a huge fan, either. I don't dislike it, but I like Lucky, Let Down, No Surprises, Airbag, The Tourist, Subterranean Homesick Alien, Karma Police all more than that song.

Climbing Up the Walls is boring.

Never been a huge fan, either. I don't dislike it, but I like Lucky, Let Down, No Surprises, Airbag, The Tourist, Subterranean Homesick Alien, Karma Police all more than that song.

Climbing Up the Walls is boring.

really... i find the lyrics to be menacingly delicious.

15 blows to the back of your head
15 blows till your mind

(MadForIt enters Radiohead thread, signs ceasefire agreement)

Paranoid Andriod was the song that got me into Radiohead. Those guitar solo's are top stuff. The video is weird but very eye-catching

Back
Top Bottom