R.I.P. Les Paul

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, damn! :(

I went to college in Waukesha, Wisconsin, which proudly displays a sign as being Les Paul's birthplace.

A damn fine life in which his name was slapped on the world's sexiest guitar. Good run.

For what it's worth, I love mine despite the fact that someone flew to Austin and scratched "Les Paul" off the headstock.

Aw, I got ol' Les to sign his book for me way back when. I'll have to look it up tonight to see what he said but it was something really cute like, "Keep pickin' darlin'".

Oh, damn! :(

I went to college in Waukesha, Wisconsin, which proudly displays a sign as being Les Paul's birthplace.

:sad: I have seen that sign.............

This exhibit is at a local *museum*
Discovery World at Pier Wisconsin : Les Paul

RIP Les, thanks for the music

ETA When I can't sleep at night I sometimes listen to WGN radio and this program.........Les would call in or they would go to one of his shows.......
http://www.wgnradio.com/shows/stevejohnnie/wgnam-steve-johnnie-remembering-les-paul,0,6975991.story

http://www.620wtmj.com/podcasts/newstogo/53141367.html?video=pop&t=a

Title: While My Guitar Gently Weeps
ff521fbc1fdbafdd89c160d7f30b7701.jpg

Different reference, I know, but it seemed appropriate to me. RIP, Mr. Paul.

Thank you. I only used Les Pauls on every single movie I did and every single album, you will be missed by so many people and artists, I will put a rose on my 1974 custom , Thank you for helping me sell albums and for you inventing the greatest sounding guitar in the world. R.I.P NAMASTE.

U2.com > News > 'A Legend of the Guitar'

'A Legend of the Guitar'13 August 2009
The Edge has paid tribute to Les Paul, pioneer of the electric guitar.

'A legend of the guitar and a true renaissance man. Les Paul disproves the cliche that you can only be famous for one thing. His legacy as a musician and inventor will live on and his influence on Rock and Roll will never be forgotten.'
The Edge.

Back
Top Bottom