R.E.M. - upcoming album 'Collapse Into Now' / General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah, it was going to be given away with the preorder of the album on iTunes.

Thanks for the heads up MrMacPhisto!!!

I thought Eddie Vedder was meant to be on this track? :hmm:
(perhaps its only an early demo version, I hope so!!!)

I gotta say I aint all that impressed by this track, kind of an airey Ballade / Pop tune, I know R.E.M have lots of songs to fit in that genre, but IHT is a little boring and dull and dare I say irrelevant, The lyrics from what I can make out seem painfully simplistic and un-inspired, as does the music for me, I thought they were Around the Sun and Accelerating to better places! ho ho ho, I do like Discoverer, hopefully IHT, is one of the Albums lesser tracks.

This reminds me of what perhaps New Test Leaper would have sounded like if it had been recorded during the majority dreaded Around the Sun sessions!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLHOZpuMI4Q

Lyrics:

This is not a parable
This is a terrible
This is a terrible thing

Yes I will rhyme that, after, after all I've done today
I have earned my wings

It happened today. Hooray! Hooray!
It happened. Hip, hip, hooray!

We'll leave the allegory to another Bible story
Out of deference, defiance, the choice
Closing on a promise, after, after all I've done today
I have earned my voice

It happened today. Hooray! Hooray!
It happened. Hip, hip, hooray!

Oohs, and aahs, and awws until the end of the song

I thought Eddie Vedder was meant to be on this track? :hmm:
(perhaps its only an early demo version, I hope so!!!)

He harmonizes with Mills and Stipe in the end. The last solo scream is his.

Oh dear, that chorus.

Otherwise, it's nice. I prefer Discoverer, though.

If you weren't so high on your hippie wacky tabaccy, you'd have realized I was quoting Discoverer.

i prefer actual tobacco :mad:

i only listened to it once, so i don't remember. waiting til i have the actual album to hear the rest or listen to anything a second time as to not to get wrapped up in hype and end up hating the album if it's not completely amazing.

Mine Smell Like Honey will be the first single instead of It Happened Today.

Discoverer would have made a fine single, It Happened Today does not scream radio play.

i almost replied to the bon jovi thread in this thread earlier, before i realized it was locked. then i felt compelled to finally read it, because something funny must have happened to get it locked. it made me laugh.

ok, i'll stop now before a mod comes in and slaps me on the e-wrist, telling me no discussing locked threads.

is it march 8th yet?

oops. i thought it said 8th at the end of the teaser trailer. sounds about right for me, i never know what day it is anyway.

Well it's 2 years to the week NLOTH was released on March 9th, so logically it'll be March 7th on that Tuesday.

I wonder what the hell was that Dubmix that came on the Christmas single then...

Based on what we've heard, and the preview clip, it really seems like this material came pretty easy to them this time around. It feels loose, fun, organic. A damn good R.E.M. record we have on our hands, I believe.

Back
Top Bottom