R.E.M. "Murmur" Deluxe Edition (Original Recording Remastered)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zoots

Blue Crack Supplier
I didn't see any existing thread on it so figured I'd start one. A remastered Murmur deluxe edition is coming out on the 24th! Who will be getting it? :hyper:

Amazon.com: Murmur [Deluxe Edition]: R.E.M.: Music

This two disc collection is completely remastered. The first disc is the original I.R.S. album which was released on April 12, 1983. The second disc is previously unreleased live show from Larry's Hideaway in Toronto, Canada performed on July 9, 1983.

Disc 1
1. Radio Free Europe
2. Pilgrimage
3. Laughing
4. Talk About The Passion
5. Moral Kiosk
6. Perfect Circle
7. Catapult
8. Sitting Still
9. 9-9
10. Shaking Through
11. We Walk
12. West Of The Fields

Disc 2

1. Laughing
2. Pilgrimage
3. There She Goes Again
4. 7 Chinese Brothers
5. Talk About The Passion
6. Sitting Still
7. Harborcoat
8. Catapult
9. Gardening At Night
10. 9-9
11. Just A Touch
12. West Of The Fields
13. Radio Free Europe
14. We Walk
15. 1,000,000
16. Carnival Of Sorts (Box Cars)

Man, if I heard Sitting Still and Harborcoat (two of my Top 5 REM songs) consecutively at a show I think my head would explode.

I so love Sitting Still. I got to hear Pilgrimage in 1999, and I just about exploded from all the happy.

NICE!

What a gorgeous album. It deserves to be remastered. And that live set kicks. No B-sides or anything, but I guess R.E.M. was never a big B-sides band were they? Now that I think about it, I've never even heard of an R.E.M. B-side. This needs to be looked into...

I was thinking of doing an appreciation thread for MurMur. It really is a quality album, has everything you could ask for.....quite a ride. Love the creepy album cover as well. Top notch.

Pilgrimage......that song is the king of all of REM's crack, it's just ridiculously amazing.....

Extraordinary that Pitchfork gave it a 10.

Makes me wonder though. Are they giving the re-release the 10, or the album proper a 10?

And I thought they only gave 10's to Wilco, Radiohead and Joy Division?

no_shit_sherlock.jpg

Why is it not in any music store I've been to, whether it be indie stores or big retail chains? Were there distribution delays, or have stores given up on attempting to sell "deluxe editions"?

Why can I not find this? UiU, have you seen in anywhere?

I've only checked Best Buy in Orem and Sandy, but have yet to find it....Did you check Graywhale? I notice they have it on their website but I have yet to stop by the store

Graywhale actually said none of their stores got it. I looked at a Best Buy near 7200 South SLC, they didn't have it either. If FYE doesn't have it, I think it'll have to be amazoned as LeMeL suggested.

Back
Top Bottom