R.E.M. Live now!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're such a great live band; I really hope they play a proper Irish show soon

Yeah same here. I'd love them to the play the new Point. Did ya see them at Oxegen? I though it'd be crap but it turned out to be my fave gig I've seen them at. 80,000 people singing along to the mandolin part just can't be beaten! lol

Yeah same here. I'd love them to the play the new Point. Did ya see them at Oxegen? I though it'd be crap but it turned out to be my fave gig I've seen them at. 80,000 people singing along to the mandolin part just can't be beaten! lol

I did; I was in the pit with a friend and had such a great time

they played These Days, that nearly killed me

lol, yeah it was a cool set. Even though it was short by other show standards. Electrolite was cool with all the mobile phones.

Driver 8!!!

Their set at Oxegen so was good, even if it was a little short

A show at the Point or Marlay Park would be so amazing though; I mean after seeing them live I just need to see them again. The Verve too, I really want to see a Verve show that isn't just a Urban Hymns + 4 others show

Yeah we've been really lucky with R.E.M. lately. Since 2003, they've played here 11 times. Pretty amazing considering they only played here 5 times before that.

Seven Chinese Brothers now. Pretty good set list.

Yeah we've been really lucky with R.E.M. lately. Since 2003, they've played here 11 times. Pretty amazing considering they only played here 5 times before that.

Seven Chinese Brothers now. Pretty good set list.

Yeah I know but it annoys me that despite playing here 11 times in 5 years they couldn't play their own show here once on the tour for their new album

Yeah I was sure they'd announce another irish one. I was really pissed when they announced Oxegen and nothing else. Turned out pretty well though. I'd love to see them play Slane again some time. Can't see it happening again though!

I don't think they're big enough for Slane any more though, last album wasn't a big success

Marlay Park or the O2 would be nice though; Marlay preferable because then we'd get some awesome openers

Yeah I don't think they're big enough for Slane anymore. I thought the last album was a big success though no? (That's if were talking about Accelerate as the last album cos Around the Sun was pretty poor).

That was great! I´m gonna see them here in my town, Porto Alegre, next November 6th. Got my tickets already, can´t wait! My 2nd fave band playing in my hometown, that´s beyond belief for me! :)

MT

Yeah I don't think they're big enough for Slane anymore. I thought the last album was a big success though no? (That's if were talking about Accelerate as the last album cos Around the Sun was pretty poor).

I guess I'm thinking of success as in the terms of their older albums but I don't think they could ever regain that unfortunately

Even if their studio has been on the down hill; live they're still amazing :drool:

just got back from voodoo... it was great! I even got to touch Michael Stipe's hand while he was running through the aisle during "The One I Love." Fantastic show... best performance of the day by far (though Lupe Fiasco put on one hell of a show)!

Back
Top Bottom