R.E.M. have broken up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we need some statistics on who cares. I'm thinking somewhere around 2-3%

Yeah, I'm with you. Who the fuck cares?

Mao- At that 2003 show at the Garden, all I can tell you is when I looked around the place, it "appeared" to be full. Maybe a lot of people received free tickets and they weren't counted. :huh:

I'll just reiterate that I was fortunate to see them live three times and they were awesome each time.

6/22/95- MSG
10/4/03- MSG
6/14/08- Jones Beach

angry.jpg

I saw REM three times. I don't really remember what songs they played or if the shows were any good, but I'd LOVE to tell y'all what the attendance was and what the box office receipts were.

Well, you just had a typo. No biggie. I've been to the Garden for plenty of shows and usually the attendance is close to 20K. Guess it just didn't seem accurate.

Spot on. We saw Duran, Gabriel, Dep Mode and R.E.M. [03 + 08] there and well over 13k, the SECC in Glasgow holds 9-10k and looked like fucking nightclub compared to MSG.

I'm pretty sure I've walked into some sort of silly argument, and am better off not reading all 400 posts. Confirm or deny?

I was eating dinner in Westport, Ireland, and the radio station started playing a whole set of REM songs. "How nice," I thought. "isn't Irish radio grand?". Then I went back to my hotel and saw on TV that they had broken up.

Woe.

Many, many great memories of loving their music throughout the years. Did not get to see them until the Monster tour, saw them 5 times in total. Best show was in Chicago, 1999. Had amazing seats, shared with a dear friend who had loved them for as long. I had.

Thanks for the awesomeness, guys.

I'm pretty sure I've walked into some sort of silly argument, and am better off not reading all 400 posts. Confirm or deny?

Discounting the last five or so pages, I've had fun with this thread in spite of everything. But you're better off not reading all 400 posts because there are very few, if any circumstances in which sorting through 400 posts on an online forum would benefit your life in some way. 40, sure. Once it crosses into triple digits though, you can count on some moronic argument to have popped up along the way, perhaps several.

Nice to see you around, Cori. :wave: Hope you're having a blast, Ireland treated me very, very well.

Thanks for the recap, and the kind thoughts. I am sitting in the Newark airport, and am very ready to be at home. Trip was wonderful. :)

I may have overestimated my capacity for trying to catch up on this site at this time, however, 5 1/2 hour layover or no.

5 1/2 hours?? Those Radiohead protests are fucking shit up. The last time I had a wait that long, there wasn't any wi-fi to speak of, but at least that crazy-ass Packers/Cardinals wildcard was on. Probably don't want to remind you of that one. I remember I listened to New Adventures In Hi-Fi on the flight back that night, which worked remarkably well. I always prefer to fly at night.

I'm rambling because it drowns out the tour stats.

That was the one REM CD I brought with me. Not that I listened to it while driving. But I did play my REM songs on shuffle on the iPod on the ferry ride to and from the Aran Islands. It was lovely.

Cori, do you have any stats on how many people will be on your next flight?

I've got a 5 hour layover coming up in a week, and I'm dreading it, but that's on a long haul international that I only booked a week ago, for flying next week, so my choice of flights (vs cost) was somewhat limited. 5 1/2 for a domestic is mad. 5 1/2 in Newark, I'd go do something for a couple of hours in New York. Join a protest against Radiohead or something.

That was the one REM CD I brought with me. Not that I listened to it while driving. But I did play my REM songs on shuffle on the iPod on the ferry ride to and from the Aran Islands. It was lovely.

If there was ever a nice day in Ireland (unlikely), I would have played the shit out of Murmur. I may be unusual in this regard, but early REM is generally feel-good music for me.

Cori, do you have any stats on how many people will be on your next flight?

I know the flight outsold the Collapse Into Now tour.

Join a protest against Radiohead or something.

:hi5: There's no chance in hell that this becomes a running joke, but the Radiohead protests are amusing me today.

I've got a 5 hour layover coming up in a week, and I'm dreading it, but that's on a long haul international that I only booked a week ago, for flying next week, so my choice of flights (vs cost) was somewhat limited. 5 1/2 for a domestic is mad. 5 1/2 in Newark, I'd go do something for a couple of hours in New York. Join a protest against Radiohead or something.

It was supposed to just be 4. And I chose that one before I learned that I'd clear US customs in Shannon, making a long layover unnecessary. Oh well.

But it's got a view of the Manhattan Skyline, so it all evens out. I had a pass for the Continental Presidents' Lounge, so I'm chillin' all fancy and shit.

Does that mean you have a US entry stamp with Shannon marked as your point of entry? I don't know why, but I love that when you get the Eurostar from London to Paris, you clear French border control in London before getting on the train, and so you have an entry stamp with London listed as the point of entry to France. I think I just like how much that would piss off the English of centuries gone by. Go back in time and show them that without explanation and they'd probably start a pre-emptive war.

No, it doesn't indicate anything but the oh-so-sexy Department of Homeland Security, USA. Yee-ha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom