R.E.M. CD/DVD from Dublin Rehearsals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unfortunately that's this Wednesday, can't do that, oh well it's only a few weeks to the retail release. :sad:

I saw the world premiere of the DVD on September 29th, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's done by Vincent Moon, who does Take-Away Shows for La Bloqotheque, so the style's a little jarring and difficult, but beautiful. And, the sound is freaking amazing, done by Jacknife Lee, and perfectly clear.

I saw the world premiere of the DVD on September 29th, and it's absolutely gorgeous. It's done by Vincent Moon, who does Take-Away Shows for La Bloqotheque, so the style's a little jarring and difficult, but beautiful. And, the sound is freaking amazing, done by Jacknife Lee, and perfectly clear.

So it's a good concert then? In regards to the non-Accelerate songs because I have no interest in anything off that album :wink:

So it's a good concert then? In regards to the non-Accelerate songs because I have no interest in anything off that album :wink:

Well, it's not really a straight-up concert film either. It's shot completely out of chronological order, focusing on the Accelerate songs, but with quite a few others thrown in too, mostly from their IRS years. Honestly though, as much as I like their earlier material more, these performances are really great. Plus, the CD has 39 songs, which is much more than the DVD has, so there's bound to be more non-Accelerate stuff on that.

Well, it's not really a straight-up concert film either. It's shot completely out of chronological order, focusing on the Accelerate songs, but with quite a few others thrown in too, mostly from their IRS years. Honestly though, as much as I like their earlier material more, these performances are really great. Plus, the CD has 39 songs, which is much more than the DVD has, so there's bound to be more non-Accelerate stuff on that.

Wow 39 songs? IRS REM, yeah I think I can live with a little Accelerate being on the cds and dvd :wink:

Why the Accelerate hate? These performances were mostly to work on those tracks.

It was a relief to me to hear them return to some uptempo stuff, but the songs lack that special something to me. While I don't dislike the record, I'm still disappointed by it.

^^ This. Of course, there was nowhere to go but up after the geriatric snoozefests that preceded it.

And why the hell is West of the Fields on this thing? Possibly one of their weakest songs ever. Also, no Finest Worksong or Begin the Begin makes baby laz cry.

And why the hell is West of the Fields on this thing? Possibly one of their weakest songs ever. Also, no Finest Worksong or Begin the Begin makes baby laz cry.

"West of the Fields" is worth it on this, if only for Stipe's little Storytellers moment about it and people trying to interpret his early lyrics.

"West of the Fields" sounded great on tour last year.

I agree Accelerate isn't an artistic masterpiece, but its stripped down and re-energized, and I look forward to see where they go next.

REM are not quite the same since the departure of Bill Berry - however, still a great, great band.

Oh Wow! Those sound great! I have the bootlegs from all five shows, but I will definitely be buying this, the sound quality is excellent. Quite a diverse tracklisting as well.

I got my email from REMHQ but if it's like the remasters, no find in shop in Oz. :(

JB Hi Fi have it advertised as being released in November - and they store on Bourke Street (Melbourne) does have the remasters in stock. They are way overpriced but they have them...

Back
Top Bottom