Queens of the Stone Age

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
May-June will be filled with exciting releases. This being one of them.

i'm just skeptical of any album with a billion guests. too many chefs, etc etc etc.

i'm just skeptical of any album with a billion guests. too many chefs, etc etc etc.

I'd usually agree with you, but the concept of this band was always based on the variety of many musicians. The number of guests here is not dramatically different than on Rated R for example, which is their best album IMO.

Yeah, I agree with you Axver. I'm wondering if it going to have too much variety that it will be nearly indistinguishable as a Queens of the Stone Age album. I was hoping that it would be along the lines of Songs for the Deaf and Era Vulgaris (my personal fave), but the names thrown into it all is making it hard to actually expect that.

All of those people are known for playing rock music and have performed on previous QotSA albums though. It's not like will.i.am is guesting.

http://store.matadorrecords.com/like-clockwork

Tracklisting:

1. Keep Your Eyes Peeled

2. I Sat By The Ocean

3. The Vampyre of Time and Memory

4. If I Had A Tail

5. My God Is The Sun

6. Kalopsia

7. Fairweather Friends

8. Smooth Sailing

9. I Appear Missing

10. …Like Clockwork

Never listened to any QOTSA before, but was curious and listened to this new single. Really digging it. Psychedelic, metal, and punk influences.

Yes I like it as well. Good lead single. That slow part at the end is great.

That's very promising.

Was just listening to Rated R and thinking that Better Living Through Chemistry might be the best song ever. That opening riff is so cool. In The Fade is up there as well.

New music video is pretty cool. Didn't like the song as much as I hoped I would, but it was still nice.

So this just leaked.

So much awesome music this week. Can't take it anymore.

A 45-minute QOTSA album is always a good sign, since I prefer Rated R, Era Vulgaris and their (his?) debut to the longer and more plodding ones. The feel of the album seems more downbeat than on the previous albums. I Appear Missing is so far the easy highlight. The 2nd half in general seems much better than the first.

I pick up some serious Modest Mouse vibes from 'I Appear Missing'. It's a pretty cool song for being so short.

The Queens of the Stone Age set from the Wiltern is going to be livestreamed tonight. That explains the early start time, for which I will be eternally grateful tomorrow. They will be performing the new album in its entirety. I expect to see some special guests, at the very least Grohl and Oliveri since they are local and if they haven't already left for WA yet, Alex Turner.

First Listen Live: Queens Of The Stone Age, '...Like Clockwork' : NPR

Back
Top Bottom