Queen's Brian May: Most Underrated Guitarist

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LeafsNation

The Fly
I've been listening to Queen On Fire: Live at the Bowl and I am in awe of Brian May's guitar playing. He is an absolute master of the instrument. It may be different in the UK and the rest of Europe since Queen was (is) more popular there, but he rarely gets talked about here in North America even though most people know some of Queen's songs, and he doesn't seem to make many of the so called Greatest Guitarists lists (Rolling Stone put Kurt Cobain on the list and not May...great singer but top guitarist?!) Even I must admit I wasn't aware of how amazing he was till I saw the live in Montreal DVD.

Perhaps it's because Freddy had such an overwhelming stage presence, or because he is less flashy and more of a humble type. After Page and Hendrix I would have to say that he is most definitely my favourite guitarist. Any other thoughts as to why he is so underrated?

Cheers,
LN

I love his playing. Not sure that he is underrated though. He reminds me of Edge a little in that his playing isn't flashy in the strict 'solo' sense however his sound fits in well with the band he is playing in.

The only thing I know about Brian May is his hair.

Here's an underrated guitarist:

852142061_3c6bf60341.jpg

Back
Top Bottom