Pure Reason Revolution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
phanan said:
I pretty much listened to their entire output today.

I wonder which version of The Dark Third they will perform. Probably the UK version as that's where the show is.

And not play "Nimos and Tambos"? I doubt that. Isn't that the only difference?

And not play "Nimos and Tambos"? I doubt that. Isn't that the only difference?

The UK version has The Twyncyn/Trembling Willows, the US version replaces it with Arrival/The Intention Craft, to which my last post alluded. :wink:

I haven't seen Nimos And Tambos in their recent setlists ... but then again, its counterpart in that spot on the UK tracklist, The Exact Colour, hasn't been there either. I'd love it if they did all the songs from the US and UK editions, and the three bonus tracks from the European edition (In Aurelia, Borgens Vor, Golden Clothes), but that's going way into the realms of fantasy.

I just feel like "Nimos and Tambos" is their biggest song, but maybe I'm completely off on this.

Nimos wasn't even a single to the best of my knowledge. I'd suggest that probably their most popular song is Deus Ex Machina.

Yeah, Nimos is popular around here, which is awesome. I think The Dark Third's best known tracks more widely are Apprentice Of The Universe and The Bright Ambassadors Of Morning.

I'd suggest that probably their most popular song is Deus Ex Machina.

I loathe this song. It sounds like Trent Reznor going prog.

That being said, Dark Third is great stuff and I will miss them even though they abandoned that album's sound along the way.

I don't think it sounds like NIN or Reznor at all. It actually has a melody.

Really dig this new song. Kind of bittersweet, knowing that (for the foreseeable future anyway) this band won't be making this great music anymore.

Back
Top Bottom