"Punk Rock Is Bullshit."

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's an interesting read, and i think his overall point is pretty spot on,
but i can't help but feel like his wordiness and black and white view on the topic are symptoms of exactly what he's criticizing.

those comments are ridiculous. I'll summarize them all right now:
Punk Rock Forever! if you don't agree, fuck off. you're a jerk.

also, i couldn't tell if the Rush fans were the good guys or the bad guys in his diatribe. In my experience, they're the good guys.

Interesting article. But I have to say that everything becomes bullshit at some point. Anything in excess, whether it be hippie culture or punk rock or 90s grunge, gets stale at some point or another. Everything in moderation.

The article got one thing right for sure: the best 'punk rock music' is just rock and roll. Names are just names.

Now I'm off to practise for the quietest-indie-softcore band in the universe contest. DON'T YOU FUCKING LOOK AT ME!

This article is about as original an idea as current kids who buy into the so-called punk rock ethos he's railing against as bullshit.

Can't be bothered to read the whole thing. It's the same boring stance that people who used to believed too much in the stuff of their idyllic youth rebellion, only to realize that it was nonsense once they grew up. Yawn. Read it all before. It's a valid point, with truth behind it, but one that only needs to be made by those who stupidly thought they were going to change the world by being unemployed militant vegans with mohawks, and now feel compelled to point out the error of their ways (or the error of the ways in those who still cling to those ideals).

it's an interesting read, and i think his overall point is pretty spot on,
but i can't help but feel like his wordiness and black and white view on the topic are symptoms of exactly what he's criticizing.

those comments are ridiculous. I'll summarize them all right now:
Punk Rock Forever! if you don't agree, fuck off. you're a jerk.

also, i couldn't tell if the Rush fans were the good guys or the bad guys in his diatribe. In my experience, they're the good guys.

It's horribly written. WAY too much. I enjoyed the guy who was "too punk rock to get a checking account."

Rush fans are the good guys. They be gentle folk.

Back
Top Bottom