Pulp Reuniting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd rank Different Class in my top 30 or so albums ever. So there's one endorsement right there.

Different Class and His N Hers are both probably in my top 50, possibly top 25.

I should thank IWB, because the inclusion of Shatner's cover of "Common People" in the last DI was what finally got me to listen to Pulp.

I guess I never posted after I saw them at Coachella this year. (Actually, I saw them again, the next week, at the super tiny Glass House in Pomona, but their set at Coachella was possibly the concert highlight of my 2012 year.) I've loved them since around '97/'98 and I never thought I would get the chance to see them. (Let alone twice in one week!)

At Coachella, I waited through a couple bands beforehand, just so I could be up front for PULP. They came out and, starting off with my very favorite song of theirs, and just blew me away! They were so great! They were everything I had hoped for. I was not disappointed, not even the tiniest bit. After they were done, I made my way out from the crush of the Main stage, into a quiet, open space and . . . .

I BAWLED!

I'm not a crying kind of guy. It's just the way I was raised, how my family is. We just really don't cry a lot.

But I cried and cried and could not stop. There I stood: a grown man sobbing on the Empire Polo Fields. I was completely surprised at my reaction, but looking back, it all made sense. Almost every other band that I completely love and have followed forever, I've seen before -- at least once, if not around 20 times (U2) or nearly a dozen (Bloc Party, Radiohead). But I had seen all my favorites . . . except PULP. And after I had finally seen them (and they were as great as I'd wished for), I guess I was just overcome.

I saw them the next week at the Glass House, and that was cool because they played for over 2 & 1/2 hours (as opposed to their Coachella set, which was not quite an hour). And they were great at the Glass House too and it was cool because they were able to go a lot deeper into their catalogue, but for me, it didn't come close to my experience with them at Coachella.

8 months late, but I thought I'd share anyway.

Thank you so much. I hope I get a chance to see them. No where near as long a wait for me as for you, but they still mean a lot to me.

I guess I never posted after I saw them at Coachella this year. (Actually, I saw them again, the next week, at the super tiny Glass House in Pomona, but their set at Coachella was possibly the concert highlight of my 2012 year.) I've loved them since around '97/'98 and I never thought I would get the chance to see them. (Let alone twice in one week!)

At Coachella, I waited through a couple bands beforehand, just so I could be up front for PULP. They came out and, starting off with my very favorite song of theirs, and just blew me away! They were so great! They were everything I had hoped for. I was not disappointed, not even the tiniest bit. After they were done, I made my way out from the crush of the Main stage, into a quiet, open space and . . . .

I BAWLED!

I'm not a crying kind of guy. It's just the way I was raised, how my family is. We just really don't cry a lot.

But I cried and cried and could not stop. There I stood: a grown man sobbing on the Empire Polo Fields. I was completely surprised at my reaction, but looking back, it all made sense. Almost every other band that I completely love and have followed forever, I've seen before -- at least once, if not around 20 times (U2) or nearly a dozen (Bloc Party, Radiohead). But I had seen all my favorites . . . except PULP. And after I had finally seen them (and they were as great as I'd wished for), I guess I was just overcome.

I saw them the next week at the Glass House, and that was cool because they played for over 2 & 1/2 hours (as opposed to their Coachella set, which was not quite an hour). And they were great at the Glass House too and it was cool because they were able to go a lot deeper into their catalogue, but for me, it didn't come close to my experience with them at Coachella.

8 months late, but I thought I'd share anyway.

:up: Thanks for sharing. I know the feeling, if not from this particular band than from seeing one or two others.

Back
Top Bottom