PRINCE IS GOD: The Official Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is why I like my Kindle - it fits easily into my concert-going purse. And I can read in the dim light of a club!

No kidding. I got lucky when I went to one of his aftershows. He was only two hours late.

lol, I was only kidding because Martha and I saw Prince on the same night and when I came over to say hello before the show, she was sitting there reading. This was during his Forum residency, he more or less hit the stage on-time most nights.

Also, Martha forgot this happened a few months later when she claimed that she had never met me. That's the sort of impression I make.

But, hey, Prince!

Also, Martha forgot this happened a few months later when she claimed that she had never met me. That's the sort of impression I make.

But, hey, Prince!

I was so overwhelmed by your amazing presence that as a survival technique my mind had to slowly process the glory of meeting you.

Or I'm just a doofus. You decide.

Prince!

I thought reading off my iPad would be horrid, but it was not so bad...just, not quite the same for me personally without being able to turn pages, etc.....lame, probably, but it's the way it is. But, yeah, not the apocalypse when i do read from the nook or kindle app. Was a lifesaver when I lived in Germany, that's for sure.

Oh, man, Prince!!!

I just wanted 2 say that I really like Sign o' the Times. It ends very strongly if you exclude the live track, The Cross and Adore are amazing and I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man might even be my fav Prince song somedays.

I was always skeptical about the idea that Reading Is Sexy

What's there to be skeptical of?

Reading is sexy.

cmt-medium2-1_zps675c6e6d.gif

Bump because I've fallen in love with Prince and because Purple Rain is the greatest album of all-time.

What a disgrace this thread has been lying dormant.

Not sure if Prince had outlined that he'd release his music to YouTube and streaming services in the wake of his death, but a lot of stuff has been appearing online.

Official video for my favourite Prince song has gone up. God I miss this man.

Thought your fave was Lady Cab Driver? Either way, the song you posted is better.

My favorite Prince song is probably either Take Me With U or Starfish and Coffee.

My favorite Prince song is probably either Take Me With U

:heart::heart::heart:

My top 15 (basically the Prince album I would compile for someone, just in a different order) would look something like

1. When You Were Mine
2. Take Me With U
3. I Could Never Take the Place of Your Man
4. Let's Go Crazy
5. Purple Rain
6. Raspberry Beret
7. Little Red Corvette
8. Sometimes It Snows in April
9. If I Was Your Girlfriend
10. I Would Die 4 U
11. I Wanna Be Your Lover
12. Erotic City
13. 1999
14. Endorphinmachine
15. Dirty Mind

Which looking over it is mostly hits and not enough deep cuts, but the man was a great singles artist, including the b-sides.

I Could Never Take The Place Of Your Man
Starfish and Coffee
The Ladder
Shockadelica
I Would Die 4 U
Why You Wanna Treat Me So Bad
Crystal Ball
Sometimes It Snows In April
P Control
Sexy MF
The Ride
Alphabet St.
Fury
Purple Rain
Little Red Corvette

Not sure if Prince had outlined that he'd release his music to YouTube and streaming services in the wake of his death, but a lot of stuff has been appearing online.

Official video for my favourite Prince song has gone up. God I miss this man.

Well, as much as I hate the reasoning for it, him being gone sort of opens the floodgates to that sort of thing. It is nice to see the videos in an easy setting now though.

Was watching Controversy last night myself. An oldie, but a goodie...

I actually never realised until I watched that clip^ that that upbeat synth/piano part (first heard briefly at 0:42) is from Controversy. I fucking ADORE that shit.

I love it too. So many good things to pick out of it lyrically or musically... just like a lot of his songs, for that matter.

Showtime is airing Prince's Sign O the Times concert film. It's fucking badass. I hope they release this as a DVD. Maybe it's already out there, I need to check.

I hung onto Showtime after Twin Peaks ended just for this, now I can cancel it from my Amazon Prime.

I found a good quality rip on torrents. It's amazing. I think the DVD might be out of print?

Anyway, I'll take it any day over Purple Rain (the movie).

Back
Top Bottom