PRINCE IS GOD: The Official Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought it was a Prince show, and Bono and Edge or Bono and .... just Bono was there?

I found the track on Limewire or whatever back in the day, and maybe it was just mislabeled.

Shuttlecock wasn't touring in '95 though?

It was in Dublin, I believe it was an actual Prince concert. Some places I've seen it labeled as U2 covering Prince, some just say it's Bono joining Prince.

There's a recording of it out there somewhere. The vocal is very much Bono circa 95, but the rest is hard to tell.

I remember the quality being not great, and that I couldn't even hear if Bono was actually singing or not.

I'm going to see him in 6 weeks or so, at the North Sea Jazz festival. He's playing 3 night concerts there (on Friday, Saturday and Sunday night). The Saturday concert starts at 1 AM, so I wonder until what time he will play (according to the schedule it's 2:30, but you never know with Prince). The line-up of the festival also has quite a few artists with a Prince connection (Mavis Staples, Chaka Khan, Candy Dulfer) so who knows what will happen. I will be there though, on the Saturday! :hyper:

Oh good, now I can talk about how I get to see him on December 19th.

(But in Tacoma. Fuckin' Tacoma. Ugh.)

I can't wait to see him. In fact, I dreamed about the concert last night. I was with a teenager who in the dream was a niece or someone I was responsible for. Fifteen minutes before the show started she needed to run to a pharmacy to get a prescription filled. Chaos, drama, chase scenes ensued, and we missed the first three songs. I kept screaming at her, "We're going to miss him walking out onstage!! And the audience going crazy!!" And then as we're running back to the arena I hear the thunderous applause and the opening notes of "Let's Go Crazy" and I am nearly hysterical. What a freaking concert nightmare.

This concert is going to be, like, mega-awesome. I'm going with some fun people (and at least driving there with joyfulgirl!), and the music will be amazing.

I believe it will even be amazing enough for me to get over my dislike of having to drive to Tacoma and go to a concert at the Tacoma Dome. :wink:

Those of you who have seen him recently: is there an opener? Does he go on at 8 as stated on the ticket, or is that, like all other shows, a friggin' lie?

Also, isn't he very picky about "no cameras" at shows? I'm assuming we can have phones, but he might storm off if he sees you taking video or pictures or something?

Anything else we should know going into the show? Other than being prepared to have one's face melted off?

What a fucking show. Holy crap. I'll write more when I'm not so blown away.

You have not written more. Shall we gather that you're still blown away two weeks later? :wink:

There is no opener, and he goes on at 8 or a little later and plays for about 3 hours or more (if you're lucky).

Security was adamant about not bringing in cameras, saying it was by Prince's request, but most people managed to get them in. The weird thing is at one point he asked everyone to get their phones out, like U2 did during Moment of Surrender. Why be so strict about phones in the first place?

Bring comfy shoes and clothes, as you will be dancing all night long. I can't overstate it enough: the entire arena was turned into a massive party, with everyone singing and dancing. What an amazing show.

I seem to be incapable of taking even one good picture at any concert so I'm relieved they won't let me even try during Prince.

Back
Top Bottom