PRINCE IS GOD: The Official Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The early show won't be super long, due to the time constraint. Maybe he'll play all night, but I doubt I'd do well at a show that starts at 11:30.

I dunno. I may wake up tomorrow thinking "fuck it" and splurge. But at least I've already seen him (even just 90 minutes, but at least I didn't spend as much on the ticket).

I saw him in the late 90s on a college kid's budget. Really glad I did, because there's no way, even on a grown-up's budget, that this school teacher is dropping nearly 300 clams to see him again. The Phoenix New Times music blog is loaded with comments lamenting the ticket price.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - huge artist, small venues ... I should have seen it coming.

I'm waffling pretty hard now. I probably could get away with it without much financial pain. I'll sleep on it, I guess.

At that price, those four shows in Phoenix are going to bring in $2.2 million. So basically, Prince gets paid $185,000 an hour at this point. He's fucking awesome though so he's earned it.

I paid $45 a ticket for a 90 minute aftershow at a smaller venue, so he would have to play like 5 hours for you to get the same value. Maybe he'll be in a generous mood that night!

At that price, those four shows in Phoenix are going to bring in $2.2 million. So basically, Prince gets paid $185,000 an hour at this point. He's fucking awesome though so he's earned it.

You've got to be kidding me. I adore Prince as much as the next fan, but no superstar merits $185,000 an hour. I don't care how awesome he/she is.

Obviously he only receives a fraction of that because of the venue, band, taxes (Bono doesn't have to worry about this lololol), etc. but yeah, he's definitely got a decent thing going. When people say that bands get most of their money through touring, they aren't kidding. Festivals pay even more for what usually ends up being a shorter gig.

Just to be clear, for me, it's not about how much the artist makes. It's about whether ticket prices are reasonable for the fans. Maybe people think $277 is a reasonable fee to see Prince in an intimate setting, but I'm not feeling that. That's all I wanted to really talk about here. Prince and U2 can make however much money they want per gig--I don't honestly care.

HG from phone

If you click the link to Vimeo, you can download a .MOV file that contains lossless audio.

I don't suppose it would be kosher to post a link to a FLAC or MP3 version here?

This version rocks. All guitar and no synths.

Thanks. I got the mp4 audio. Not spending 220 megs on one track.

Back
Top Bottom