PRINCE IS GOD: The Official Thread - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-01-2011, 02:50 AM   #46
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 11:41 PM
I'm not saying he shouldn't play ANY crowd pleasers. Let's Go Crazy comes off great. It's just that some of those singles don't do very much in the live setting, and I think the fact that he buries so many of them in medleys shows you how he feels about playing all of them.

That setlist you posted just seemed very rote and atypical of this performer.
__________________

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:51 AM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post

That setlist you posted just seemed very rote and atypical of this performer.
We're not disagreeing.
__________________

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 02:57 AM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 11:41 PM
__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:11 AM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:41 PM
I'll be careful.
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #50
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 11:41 PM
This is the beauty of not really knowing anything but a few of the 80s hits. I had no expectations, so I enjoyed the show.

Being hardcore kinda fucks things up, doesn't it?
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:06 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,090
Local Time: 11:41 PM
The title of this thread is accurate. The show was incredible. It was my first Prince show and will not be my last. He opened with D.M.S.R. which got this funk filled show off to a roaring start. Prince danced, strutted, sang and basically owned that stage. He did 5 encores with the last turning into a big dance party.

Gwen Stefani joined Prince for So Far, So Pleased. It was a ton of fun. Nikka Costa joined him for a cover of Whole Lotta Love.

This was also by far the best LA crowd I've ever seen. Singing, Dancing, chanting it was great.

So, I might go again next week.

April 30th Setlist
__________________
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:19 PM   #52
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 11:41 PM
See, now Nikka Costa I can get behind.

Sounds great!
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #53
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
This is the beauty of not really knowing anything but a few of the 80s hits. I had no expectations, so I enjoyed the show.

Being hardcore kinda fucks things up, doesn't it?
Not for me, no. I attend a fuckload of U2 shows and enjoy myself every time despite wanting to hit some happy, jumping idiot during "Elevation", etc.

__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:31 PM   #54
Blue Crack Supplier
 
No spoken words's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Where do YOU live?
Posts: 43,241
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trojanchick99 View Post
The title of this thread is accurate. The show was incredible. It was my first Prince show and will not be my last. He opened with D.M.S.R. which got this funk filled show off to a roaring start. Prince danced, strutted, sang and basically owned that stage. He did 5 encores with the last turning into a big dance party.

Gwen Stefani joined Prince for So Far, So Pleased. It was a ton of fun. Nikka Costa joined him for a cover of Whole Lotta Love.

This was also by far the best LA crowd I've ever seen. Singing, Dancing, chanting it was great.

So, I might go again next week.

April 30th Setlist
Awesome!

Like a friend told me, it was like attending a huge party and Prince just happened to be playing.

Glad you enjoyed it, but then again.....was there ever a doubt?
__________________
No spoken words is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:34 PM   #55
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Jungle Love "with No Doubt and Gavin Rossdale".

Uh ... okay? I love that song, but that's an odd pairing. I think it's the "Gavin Rossdale" part that's throwing me off.

"Hey, Prince, can Gavin come out for this one? Please??? Come on. He's so lonely ..."
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:49 PM   #56
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,337
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Not for me, no. I attend a fuckload of U2 shows and enjoy myself every time despite wanting to hit some happy, jumping idiot during "Elevation", etc.


So do I.

But do you bitch and moan and threaten to sell your tickets when the setlist isn't tailored just to your tastes?

Me neither.
__________________
martha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:56 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
trojanchick99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Los Feliz, CA (between Hollywood and Downtown LA)
Posts: 8,090
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by No spoken words View Post
Awesome!

Like a friend told me, it was like attending a huge party and Prince just happened to be playing.

Glad you enjoyed it, but then again.....was there ever a doubt?
That is an apt description. And never any doubt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
Jungle Love "with No Doubt and Gavin Rossdale".

Uh ... okay? I love that song, but that's an odd pairing. I think it's the "Gavin Rossdale" part that's throwing me off.

"Hey, Prince, can Gavin come out for this one? Please??? Come on. He's so lonely ..."
They didn't sing, it was a big VIP dance party although Adrian was playing some drums. Also on stage for the dance party were Kirstie Allie and her dancing dude.
__________________
trojanchick99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 12:57 PM   #58
Blue Crack Distributor
 
corianderstem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Seattle
Posts: 63,730
Local Time: 11:41 PM


Oh, Los Angeles ....
__________________
corianderstem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:17 PM   #59
Blue Crack Supplier
 
lazarus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 38,005
Local Time: 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by martha View Post
So do I.

But do you bitch and moan and threaten to sell your tickets when the setlist isn't tailored just to your tastes?

Me neither.
Yeah, because wanting current songs to be played instead of five songs from a 10 year old album that don't complement the stage show translates as "tailored just to my taste".

__________________
lazarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 03:24 PM   #60
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,809
Local Time: 11:41 PM
I just bought this at a discount warehouse for $1.99. I can hardly believe it exists, but it actually doesn't surprise me that I own this now.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Interactive

Apparently, I have access to an exclusive club now. I hope I don't have to just discuss Prince with George Clinton and Miles Davis. I can also punch Eric Clapton in the face if I so desire.

So worth two bucks.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
prince

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:41 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com