Post your favorite music videos

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
then why have a different screename the first place?:doh:

Eh, 'cause it's not the most exciting screenname option :p? I dunno.

Anywho, yay, "Starlight"! And "Jeremy" always freaks me out, too. Especially given all the school incidents in years following that video-way, WAY too real.

Here's another disturbing video for everyone's enjoyment:

YouTube - Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

I like this one, though, as well as the song.

Angela

Damn, you beat me to it-I was gonna post "Everybody Hurts" :p. Saw that video last night, still never fails to make me cry. Nice R.E.M. picks, fine songs, all of them (speaking of which, I also heard their song "Bang and Blame" last night, too-it's been years since I've heard that song, was nice to listen to it again).

Some more classic '80s clips:
YouTube - Talking Heads - "Once In A Lifetime"

(Or, as I always like to refer to it, "the seizure video")

And it was mentioned earlier in the thread, but I just feel we should further enforce the mention: Peter Gabriel's "Sledgehammer"

YouTube - Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

This is one of the very first videos I ever remember seeing as a kid. I've always loved this one :D.

Also want to throw this one in, too:

YouTube - Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush -Don't Give Up

Not an action-packed video by any means, I simply find this one so touching. Just something about the way those two are holding each other...I think it's quite sweet. Doesn't hurt that the song's awesome, too.

Angela

(speaking of which, I also heard their song "Bang and Blame" last night, too-it's been years since I've heard that song, was nice to listen to it again).

I haven't heard that one in a long time. That's with all the black and white landscapes.

Another one I like from the Talking Heads is Naive Melody

Sometimes all you need is a lamp.

YouTube - Talking Heads - This must be the place (Naive Melody) [live - 1984]_avi

It looks like an early version of ZooTV in the background except with slides. :giggle:

Sledgehammer is definitely a classic. I also like Digging in the Dirt

YouTube - Peter Gabriel - Digging In The Dirt (1992)

And before Coldplay there was this band. :wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diT3FvDHMyo&ob=av2n

More Muse :up:. Awesome song as well.

I haven't heard that one in a long time. That's with all the black and white landscapes.

Mmhm :). Good stuff.

Another one I like from the Talking Heads is Naive Melody

Sometimes all you need is a lamp.

Which he apparently wants to dance with :lol:. I like his spastic, strange movements, so entertaining, and that stage setup is awesome. That song always makes me happy when I hear it-such a bouncy melody. Lovely performance.

I really should see 'Stop Making Sense' sometime. I've seen clips of it here and there, should check out the whole thing someday when I have money to spend. In the meantime, there's always YouTube (have I mentioned yet that I am so thankful for that site? Seriously)

Sledgehammer is definitely a classic. I also like Digging in the Dirt

YouTube - Peter Gabriel - Digging In The Dirt (1992)

Never seen that one before, very interesting-I like the color scheme throughout for some reason. You can always count on him to make really unusual clips, which is one of the things I like about him. I mean, who can forget this one:

YouTube - Peter Gabriel - The Barry Williams Show (HIGH RESOLUTION)

I only ever saw this a couple times on TV. The bit with the blood coming out of everybody weirded me out, I was like, "WTF?" :p.

Love the Depeche Mode, too, that's one of my favorite songs of theirs (and where on Earth was that video filmed? That scenery is gorgeous).

Angela

Love the Depeche Mode, too, that's one of my favorite songs of theirs (and where on Earth was that video filmed? That scenery is gorgeous).

Angela

Enjoy the Silence - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Anton Corbijn-directed music video for "Enjoy the Silence" references the themes and storyline of the philosophical children's book The Little Prince. Footage of Gahan dressed as a stereotypical king wandering the hillsides of Scotland, the coast of Portugal and finally the Swiss Alps with a deck chair is intercut with black-and-white footage of the band posing. Brief flashes of a single rose (which is also on the album cover of Violator) appear throughout the scenes.

When Corbijn presented the concept of the video to the band, which at the time was simply "Dave dressed up as a king, walking around with a deck chair", they initially rejected it. They changed their minds, when he explained that the idea was that the King (Dave) was represented "a man with everything in the world, just looking for a quiet place to sit"; a king of no kingdom. Andy Fletcher jokes that he favoured the video because "[he] only had to do about an hour's worth of work".

The video uses a slightly different mix of the song (the most notable difference being a new and extended introduction) that has not been released in any audio format. The final long shots of the king walking through the snow are not Gahan but rather the video's producer, Richard Bell. Gahan had left the set, tiring of the cold in Switzerland (recounted by Gahan in the intro to The Videos (86-98)).

Excellent performance indeed, nice to see those two artists team up like that. Very powerful version of the song, another classic of Peter's. Glad you enjoyed the "Don't Give Up" video, too. And thanks for the info about "Enjoy The Silence", fascinating stuff. I'm not familiar with that children's tale, but it's nice to get a bit of backstory on that. May have to check that story out someday.

Couple more videos I can't believe I forgot to add:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oepXF2B5NK4

Another one from my childhood :). Apparently I always used to go hunt down my dad after this video would end and try to bop him on the head :p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aowSGxim_O8&ob=av2e

Favorite song by this band, with an odd video to boot. Notice that seems to be a theme in my video picks?

Angela

Back
Top Bottom