Porcupine Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The only song I could do without on Stupid Dream is Tinto Brass, but even that one isn't exactly terrible.

I still consider the full length version of Even Less my favorite PT track, with Arriving Somewhere close behind.

A Smart Kid is excellent. Loved it when I heard it live last year too. My two expendable tracks on Stupid Dream are Tinto Brass and Don't Hate Me, but neither are even vaguely bad.

My top two PT songs remain Piano Lessons and Fadeaway. Fucking incredible tracks.

My two expendables are Slave Called Shiver and Tinto Brass.

Absolutely love Don't Hate Me and A Smart Kid. My favourite track on Stupid Dream is Pure Narcotic, which happens to be my favourite Porcupine Tree track overall with Futile coming in a close second (though it sometimes interchanges with The Rest Will Flow.).

Psh, Slave Called Shiver is awesome. Colin owns that one.

Speaking of tracks he owns, I really hope .3 makes it into the set at one of the Aussie shows.

I like Slave Called Shiver, but I guess it's placement really bothers me. It's not a stand-out track for me either.

Oh, Strip the Soul segueing into .3 was just :drool:

April 2010
Apr 13 2010 MEXICO CITY: Mexico: Teatro Metropolitan
Apr 14 2010 MEXICO CITY, Mexico: Teatro Metropolitan
Apr 17 2010 California, USA: Coachella Festival
Apr 20 2010 DALLAS, USA: House of Blues
Apr 21 2010 HOUSTON, USA: House of Blues
Apr 23 2010 ORLANDO, USA: House of Blues
Apr 24 2010 MIAMI, USA: The Fillmore
Apr 25 2010 TAMPA, USA: Tampa Theatre
Apr 27 2010 ATLANTA, USA: Tabernacle
Apr 28 2010 CHARLOTTE, USA: Amos’s Southend
Apr 30 2010 CHICAGO, USA: Riviera

May 2010
May 01 2010 CINCINNATI, USA: Bogart's
May 06 2010 QUEBEC CITY, Canada: Capitole Du Quebec
May 07 2010 MONTREAL, Canada: Place De Arts
May 08 2010 TORONTO, Canada: Sound Academy

June 2010
Jun 19 2010 Germany: Hurricane Festival
Jun 20 2010 Germany: Southside Festival

October 2010
Oct 14 2010 LONDON, UK: Royal Albert Hall

Make that a triple scoop for me.

I'm just waiting on Axver's feedback regarding the Aussie gigs now. I'm so excited! Bring on April!

In the last couple of months I really got into this band. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them on one of their European gigs this summer.

New DVD coming soon! "Anesthetize", filmed in Tilburg, Netherlands, October 2008.

Porcupine_Tree_-_AnesthetizeDVD.jpg

Setlist

1. Intro
2. Fear of a Blank Planet
3. My Ashes
4. Anesthetize
5. Sentimental
6. Way Out of Here
7. Sleep Together
8. What Happens Now?
9. Normal
10. Dark Matter
11. Drown With Me
12. Cheating the Polygraph
13. Half-Light
14. Sever
15. Wedding Nails
16. Strip the Soul / .3
17. Sleep of No Dreaming
18. Halo
19. Outro

Extras (Blu-Ray Disc only)

* Way Out of Here (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* My Ashes (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Wedding Nails (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Strip the Soul / .3 (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Nil Recurring (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)

Love the setlist, being a big Fear of a Blank Planet/Nil Recurring fan. Can't wait to buy this. There will be a Deluxe version as well with Prodigal as the bonus track on 2 audio CDs that come with the DVD/Blu-Ray and include the same concert.

More information here: http://kscopemusic.com/porcupinetree/anesthetize/

I'm seeing them on May 1st. Can't wait!

On a related note, that DVD cover looks cool. They always pick the coolest covers.

Notice the fact that only Halo is repeated from the previous Arriving Somewhere DVD. Some bands should take notes.

In the last couple of months I really got into this band. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them on one of their European gigs this summer.

:hi5: me too . . . thanks axver and slopsy :)

New DVD coming soon! "Anesthetize", filmed in Tilburg, Netherlands, October 2008.

Porcupine_Tree_-_AnesthetizeDVD.jpg

Setlist

1. Intro
2. Fear of a Blank Planet
3. My Ashes
4. Anesthetize
5. Sentimental
6. Way Out of Here
7. Sleep Together
8. What Happens Now?
9. Normal
10. Dark Matter
11. Drown With Me
12. Cheating the Polygraph
13. Half-Light
14. Sever
15. Wedding Nails
16. Strip the Soul / .3
17. Sleep of No Dreaming
18. Halo
19. Outro

Extras (Blu-Ray Disc only)

* Way Out of Here (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* My Ashes (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Wedding Nails (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Strip the Soul / .3 (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Nil Recurring (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)

Love the setlist, being a big Fear of a Blank Planet/Nil Recurring fan. Can't wait to buy this. There will be a Deluxe version as well with Prodigal as the bonus track on 2 audio CDs that come with the DVD/Blu-Ray and include the same concert.

More information here: Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize

:hyper: . . . *starts saving her pennies* :up:

I'm thrilled with the DVD's setlist. Pretty much all the rarities and old songs that were played at the Tilburg concert that I wanted to hear made it. I'm especially delighted to see Drown With Me on there.

The two tracks that didn't make it to the DVD setlist but were played at the Tilburg concerts were Stars Die and Prodigal.

Prodigal is still included as an audio bonus track on the CD edition that will be included on the special edition of the DVD.

Since Stars Die is still being played on the current tour, hopefully it'll make it onto whatever DVD they plan to release for it. Perhaps that's the intention in leaving it off, as the band seem quite conscious of not repeating much material at all between DVDs. I'm quite impressed that this DVD has NONE of the big pre-FOABP songs. No Trains, no Lazarus, no Blackest Eyes, no Sound Of Muzak.

Yeah, all of those four big songs are included on the Arriving Somewhere DVD, so no harm done.

I just hope that some early gems like The Sky Moves Sideways, Fadeaway, Always Never, Nine Cats or Synesthesia will get a DVD treatment in the future (maybe there is a 1995 show in the vault somewhere?).

Oh, and Stupid Dream is as of now vastly underrepresented. I find it weird that Piano Lessons was played so rarely live. That would be on my top list of must-see songs live.

I can't wait for the DVD. I didn't go for the special edition this time (gasp, shock horror) as I will be perfectly content with the retail release.

It would be awesome to hear Synesthesia live, but I am not holding my breath!

Somebody needs to coerce SW into doing a set featuring Piano Lessons, Fadeaway, Synesthesia, Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape ... and LINTON SAMUEL DAWSON.

Somebody needs to coerce SW into doing a set featuring Piano Lessons, Fadeaway, Synesthesia, Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape ... and LINTON SAMUEL DAWSON.

Fuck yes. The Pacman song. :drool::drool:

Don't forget Jupiter Island and Footprints (I still cannot decide whether these two tracks are utterly ridiculous or simply fantastic...probably both).

After hearing Fadeaway again last night, this could be the most gorgeous song Mr.Wilson has ever written.

I'm never quite sure whether Fadeaway or Piano Lessons is my favourite Porcupine Tree song. The last few months, I've been favouring Fadeaway but Piano Lessons is my traditional #1. Hell, the entire sequence of Small Fish/Burning Sky/Fadeaway is nothing short of mindblowing.

And if we're talking early stuff, And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun is genuinely, without any trace of irony, in my PT top ten. Absolutely love it. The "every time I turn around" verse at the end is magic.

My number one would be Normal. I can imagine how this one could seem as fucked up and kind of chaotic to some, added to the fact that it is an alternate version of a song already released (great one as well), but it's like The Best of Porcupine Tree in 7 minutes. The funky but crazy psychedelic riffs, the psycho metal interlude, the wonderful vocal harmonies in the end... It's easily something I'm mostly looking forward to on the upcoming DVD.

Agreed about Swallows (well, not the top 10 part, they simply have too many amazing songs). This Long Silence is another one I appreciate from that first album (if it is indeed an album, more like a compilation of sorts).

I'm never quite sure whether Fadeaway or Piano Lessons is my favourite Porcupine Tree song. The last few months, I've been favouring Fadeaway but Piano Lessons is my traditional #1. Hell, the entire sequence of Small Fish/Burning Sky/Fadeaway is nothing short of mindblowing.

And if we're talking early stuff, And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun is genuinely, without any trace of irony, in my PT top ten. Absolutely love it. The "every time I turn around" verse at the end is magic.

I remember when you parodied that ... :lmao:

My absolute favourite PT song is Pure Narcotic. Aside of that, I just have to go with Futile. Among the early stuff, definitely Fadeaway.

Still don't know how something like Linton Samuel Dawson makes the cut on the "official" debut over an epic like No Reason To Live, No Reason To Die. I'm assuming it was a time issue, but still. I'd take a couple of the songs off for that classic.

Back
Top Bottom