Porcupine Tree - Page 12 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2010, 01:28 PM   #166
Loungeroom Dancing Queen

Local Time: 10:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
In the last couple of months I really got into this band. Hopefully I'll get a chance to see them on one of their European gigs this summer.

me too . . . thanks axver and slopsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
New DVD coming soon! "Anesthetize", filmed in Tilburg, Netherlands, October 2008.

Setlist

1. Intro
2. Fear of a Blank Planet
3. My Ashes
4. Anesthetize
5. Sentimental
6. Way Out of Here
7. Sleep Together
8. What Happens Now?
9. Normal
10. Dark Matter
11. Drown With Me
12. Cheating the Polygraph
13. Half-Light
14. Sever
15. Wedding Nails
16. Strip the Soul / .3
17. Sleep of No Dreaming
18. Halo
19. Outro

Extras (Blu-Ray Disc only)

* Way Out of Here (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* My Ashes (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Wedding Nails (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Strip the Soul / .3 (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)
* Nil Recurring (live film directed by Lasse Hoile)

Love the setlist, being a big Fear of a Blank Planet/Nil Recurring fan. Can't wait to buy this. There will be a Deluxe version as well with Prodigal as the bonus track on 2 audio CDs that come with the DVD/Blu-Ray and include the same concert.

More information here: Porcupine Tree's Anesthetize
. . . *starts saving her pennies*

Old 04-13-2010, 11:47 AM   #167
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 01:10 PM
The DVD trailer: YouTube - Porcupine Tree: Anesthetize trailer HD

Old 04-13-2010, 12:01 PM   #168
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Sounds great. Looking forward to it.
Old 04-17-2010, 05:47 PM   #169
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:10 AM
Oh, awesome. Def will be wanting to get that
Old 04-17-2010, 10:23 PM   #170
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:10 PM
I'm thrilled with the DVD's setlist. Pretty much all the rarities and old songs that were played at the Tilburg concert that I wanted to hear made it. I'm especially delighted to see Drown With Me on there.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #171
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The two tracks that didn't make it to the DVD setlist but were played at the Tilburg concerts were Stars Die and Prodigal.

Prodigal is still included as an audio bonus track on the CD edition that will be included on the special edition of the DVD.
Old 04-18-2010, 06:50 PM   #172
Vocal parasite

Since Stars Die is still being played on the current tour, hopefully it'll make it onto whatever DVD they plan to release for it. Perhaps that's the intention in leaving it off, as the band seem quite conscious of not repeating much material at all between DVDs. I'm quite impressed that this DVD has NONE of the big pre-FOABP songs. No Trains, no Lazarus, no Blackest Eyes, no Sound Of Muzak.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-18-2010, 07:17 PM   #173
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah, all of those four big songs are included on the Arriving Somewhere DVD, so no harm done.

I just hope that some early gems like The Sky Moves Sideways, Fadeaway, Always Never, Nine Cats or Synesthesia will get a DVD treatment in the future (maybe there is a 1995 show in the vault somewhere?).

Oh, and Stupid Dream is as of now vastly underrepresented. I find it weird that Piano Lessons was played so rarely live. That would be on my top list of must-see songs live.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:59 AM   #174
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 AM
I can't wait for the DVD. I didn't go for the special edition this time (gasp, shock horror) as I will be perfectly content with the retail release.

It would be awesome to hear Synesthesia live, but I am not holding my breath!
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 AM   #175
Vocal parasite

Somebody needs to coerce SW into doing a set featuring Piano Lessons, Fadeaway, Synesthesia, Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape ... and LINTON SAMUEL DAWSON.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 AM   #176
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
Somebody needs to coerce SW into doing a set featuring Piano Lessons, Fadeaway, Synesthesia, Yellow Hedgerow Dreamscape ... and LINTON SAMUEL DAWSON.
Fuck yes. The Pacman song.

Don't forget Jupiter Island and Footprints (I still cannot decide whether these two tracks are utterly ridiculous or simply fantastic...probably both).

After hearing Fadeaway again last night, this could be the most gorgeous song Mr.Wilson has ever written.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:52 AM   #177
Vocal parasite

I'm never quite sure whether Fadeaway or Piano Lessons is my favourite Porcupine Tree song. The last few months, I've been favouring Fadeaway but Piano Lessons is my traditional #1. Hell, the entire sequence of Small Fish/Burning Sky/Fadeaway is nothing short of mindblowing.

And if we're talking early stuff, And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun is genuinely, without any trace of irony, in my PT top ten. Absolutely love it. The "every time I turn around" verse at the end is magic.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 04-20-2010, 10:14 AM   #178
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

My number one would be Normal. I can imagine how this one could seem as fucked up and kind of chaotic to some, added to the fact that it is an alternate version of a song already released (great one as well), but it's like The Best of Porcupine Tree in 7 minutes. The funky but crazy psychedelic riffs, the psycho metal interlude, the wonderful vocal harmonies in the end... It's easily something I'm mostly looking forward to on the upcoming DVD.

Agreed about Swallows (well, not the top 10 part, they simply have too many amazing songs). This Long Silence is another one I appreciate from that first album (if it is indeed an album, more like a compilation of sorts).
Old 04-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #179
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:10 AM
Quote:
I'm never quite sure whether Fadeaway or Piano Lessons is my favourite Porcupine Tree song. The last few months, I've been favouring Fadeaway but Piano Lessons is my traditional #1. Hell, the entire sequence of Small Fish/Burning Sky/Fadeaway is nothing short of mindblowing.

And if we're talking early stuff, And The Swallows Dance Above The Sun is genuinely, without any trace of irony, in my PT top ten. Absolutely love it. The "every time I turn around" verse at the end is magic.
I remember when you parodied that ...

My absolute favourite PT song is Pure Narcotic. Aside of that, I just have to go with Futile. Among the early stuff, definitely Fadeaway.
Old 04-20-2010, 01:35 PM   #180
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:10 AM
Quote:
Still don't know how something like Linton Samuel Dawson makes the cut on the "official" debut over an epic like No Reason To Live, No Reason To Die. I'm assuming it was a time issue, but still. I'd take a couple of the songs off for that classic.

Tags
porcupine tree