Ponytail: ICE CREAM SPIRITUAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

If you shout...

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
So, I just put this on my list of 20 bitchin' records from the first 3/4 of this year. It really is quite good stuff, and, as an added bonus, it comes from the same white hot Baltimore scene which has brought us the likes of Spank Rock, Dan Deacon, and Karmella's Game. Like I said, good stuff. Still, this music sounds absolutely nothing like any of those artists--instead, it sounds like what you might get if you put Deerhoof, Kool Aid (the drink, mind), and a hint of Xiu Xiu into a blender, hit puree, and then found a way to listen to what you poured into your glass. It is glorious.

The song "Beg Waves" (for which a video has been produced), on the other hand, simply sounds like joy. As an added bonus, it is one of the more visually stimulating and exhilirating videos that I've seen since that barrage of perfection from Los Campesinos! which was "We Throw Parties, You Throw Knives" and "You! Me! Dancing!", last year. Dig it:

http://pitchfork.tv/videos/ponytail-beg-waves

I don't anything about any of this (except for Xiu Xiu and Deerhoof) but can I say I'm just a little excited by phrases like "Ice Cream Spiritual" and "Spank Rock." Count me in?

:wink:

Back
Top Bottom