Please ride the hype train with me AKA Vampire Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're really bad. People nowadays are really easily impressed with poor music.

why is this?

Last edited:
M79 was one of those songs I never really got all that into, but I really enjoyed it on SNL tonight. Wonder if they even play it on tour considering they had the mini-orchestra with them on the show.

Now to watch Spoon and The Killers on Austin City Limits...

boo said:
They're really bad. People nowadays are really easily impressed with poor music.

why is this?

Because people have different tastes and what you think is "bad" and "poor" other people like?

A hard concept to grasp, I know. :wink:

I didn't think I'd like them at all, but was pleasantly surprised. It's a fun album.

I only caught their first song on SNL last night and thought it was fine.

corianderstem said:

Because people have different tastes and what you think is "bad" and "poor" other people like?

A hard concept to grasp, I know. :wink:

Little cori, she always tells the truth.

:sexywink:

I finally just acquired the Franz cover of All My Friends from your blizzog.

I'm pretty excited to see someone else has seen my blog other than my three regular readers. :lol:

Isn't that a fun cover? I love it.

Yeah, it's good stuff. I'd been wanting it for ages, just never came across it. Thank you, madam. :up:

I was happy to see some Goldfrapp love on the blog, particularly as I was listening to Seventh Tree as I was looking at it.

I was just listening to that this morning - I picked up my copy of it on Friday. It's a gorgeous album.

Far too coincidental, young miss. I don't believe you. :wink:

Why would you lie about something dumb like that?
Why would you lie about anything at all?
First the window, then it's to the wall

u2popmofo said:

I finally just acquired the Franz cover of All My Friends from your blizzog.

ooo, thanks for the tip. I just acquired R.E.M.'s cover of "Wall of Death." :drool: I felt entitled since I've had the original since, like, forever. :D I love that song. And in my iTunes it just segued right into Finest Worksong which sounds mighty fine indeed to my ears and could mean an R.E.M. week has just been kicked off.

Yay, another reader! I love "Wall of Death." I need to see if I can find a used copy of that Thompson cover album one of these days.

After seeing them last night on SNL, I'm running along side the hype train, but I can't decide whether to jump on or not.

I've also downloaded the Franz and REM covers now.

Thanks! Corianderstem

It's not really interesting, unless you like free music. :wink: I started it mainly as a way to connect online with a few of my old friends I've reconnected with recently, and they don't have LiveJournal accounts, which is where I do most of my blogging.

I think I got all of the pop tunes out of my system for now, so don't be scared by the masses of pop downloads.

Last edited:
corianderstem said:
It's not really interesting, unless you like free music. :wink: I started it mainly as a way to connect online with a few of my old friends I've reconnected with recently, and they don't have LiveJournal accounts, which is where I do most of my blogging.

I think I got all of the pop tunes out of my system for now, so don't be scared by the masses of pop downloads.

I don't scare easily.

And it was a good read.

Cool! It's a goal of mine to post more often.

Now that I know more than 3 people will occasionally swing by, it'll be easier. :wink:

corianderstem said:
Cool! It's a goal of mine to post more often.

Now that I know more than 3 people will occasionally swing by, it'll be easier. :wink:

I don't know, Lance's Mom has more than 3 people occasionally swinging by, and I can't imagine that's easy.

I just came across this when i was looking at the link for the Bjork tribute. Apparently Vampire Weekend covered friggin' Exit Music (For a Film)! It's only streaming on the link now, but if anyone can find an mp3 of it, I'd greatly appreciate it.

http://stereogum.com/okx/

By the way, I'm seeing them live tonight. I'll let you all know how it goes. :up:

I found an MP3 of their cover of the above Radiohead song, if anyone is interested.

Had a good time at their show last night. They played the entire album (except for Kids Don't Stand a Chance, unfortunate), a new song, and Ladies of Cambridge. The songs were surprisingly loud live, and all were a great deal of fun. For me, the live vocals were the most impressive thing, as he sounded fantastic. I was kinda surprised by how young they actually look in person. I knew they were young, but they looked like little kids. Luckily though, these little kids can play some decent pop rock. If you enjoy the album, I'm pretty confident you'll have a fun time seeing them live as well. :up:

u2popmofo said:
I found an MP3 of their cover of the above Radiohead song, if anyone is interested.

Had a good time at their show last night. They played the entire album (except for Kids Don't Stand a Chance, unfortunate), a new song, and Ladies of Cambridge. The songs were surprisingly loud live, and all were a great deal of fun. For me, the live vocals were the most impressive thing, as he sounded fantastic. I was kinda surprised by how young they actually look in person. I knew they were young, but they looked like little kids. Luckily though, these little kids can play some decent pop rock. If you enjoy the album, I'm pretty confident you'll have a fun time seeing them live as well. :up:

Can you PM it to me, please?

Thank you.

i heard a-punk on the radio and was mildly interested enough to find out who it was. that's as hyped as i'll be getting, though.

IWasBored said:
i heard a-punk on the radio and was mildly interested enough to find out who it was. that's as hyped as i'll be getting, though.

If you weren't such an enormous liar, I'd probably believe you.

Here's yet another cool video of Vampire Weekend performing with some other backing musicians. This time it's the Crenshaw High School Drum Line.

Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa + drum line

Generally when bands are on these kinds of shows, you rarely see more than one or two people in the crowd who know who they are and are singing along. Everyone they show in the above vid does, pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom