Please ride the hype train with me AKA Vampire Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you guys keep bringing that up like you think I'm ashamed of it or get upset about it.

I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place if that was the case. Best drunk $75 I ever spent.

I will... procure... this album and check it out.

you guys keep bringing that up like you think I'm ashamed of it or get upset about it.

No, we're making fun of you because you're a ridiculous person.

I'm excited to hear this album. I'll probably do that at some point today.

I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place if that was the case. Best drunk $75 I ever spent.

I will... procure... this album and check it out.

The whole thing is up on Grooveshark.

And now it is streaming officially on iTunes.

Which begs the question...why did they push the album back?

Ah, ok, that makes sense.

I'm listening to this again. Oh man, I can't tell you how much I love the first half. Let's see if the second improves a bit.

I really like that Ya Hey song. Wasn't super thrilled about the first two, but Ya Hey has me excited for next week.

What were the first two?

I absolutely love Step, Don't Lie and Finger Back. I hate Worship You. I want that song to die. It's so fucking catchy despite how insipid it is.

Ok, the second half isn't bad or anything, I just don't like the songs in it as much, but damn, overall, I am so happy with this album.

No, it's not that good. Not even close. I was totally OK with it being a good album relative to their other shitty albums, but that's essentially saying it's aoty so far.

Ryan Schreiber has started commenting on Pitchfork comment threads on Facebook. He said he was disappointed in his staff for an article promoting the new Mariah Carey song, and said on this review "don't worry, we've got a 10 coming for Kanye's album" :lol:

I hadn't heard anything from this before hearing "Diane Young" on SNL while visiting my folks this weekend. If this thing got a 9.3 even with that piece of shit on the album, the other tracks must be absolutely incredible. I see most of y'all dug "Diane Young," so maybe I'm just being THE CONTRARIAN.

I hate them, since I can't listen to them at work. On the pile they go with Pitchfork streams.

I hadn't heard anything from this before hearing "Diane Young" on SNL while visiting my folks this weekend. If this thing got a 9.3 even with that piece of shit on the album, the other tracks must be absolutely incredible. I see most of y'all dug "Diane Young," so maybe I'm just being THE CONTRARIAN.

It's far and away my least favorite of the 3 songs I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom