Please Read Before Posting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now that the Band Index no longer exists, I'd like to at least offer you some tips for posting here.

One of the best ways to check topics is to just use the Find function on a page. This isn't something built in on Interference, it's built in with web browsers. Under the Edit menu, select Find (or use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl+F). I'd suggest at least going back to the second page of the forum, if not the third or fourth.

Now, in order for that to truly be helpful, it would be nice if people would title their threads appropriately. For example:

Bad Title: Just How Good Is This Band?

Good Title: Radiohead - The Bends

ETA:

Since the forum upgrade, we can now tag threads and do tag searches. We should really take advantage of this, as it would give us more accurate search results. For example, if I'm searching for Wilco, I won't bring up the Now Playing threads and things like that. I could do a tag search for Wilco and find relevant Wilco topics. Of course, there are tons of old threads that aren't tagged, but we are trying to keep up with new ones and going back and doing old ones as well.

ETA:

You no longer have to be a premium member to search the forums. All registered members are able to search now, so please take advantage!

Thank you. Reading this was just like a lesson in IT, and I haven't had one of those in years. I tested out the Find function using your instructions. I would have never of known that I could do that if I never read this thread, so again thank you.

It's clever isn't it?

Back
Top Bottom