PJ Harvey - Let England Shake

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yes djerdap. this piece of music has completely turned my life around. i no longer hate women and will no longer degrade them.

picture-1.png

my god. did you read my post or just skim over it and decide that it would be fun to falsely assume that i have something against women? did you also not read my further clarification in which i stated that i just prefer a male vocalist over a female's?

You mean the clarification that came after this post?

i just don't enjoy female vocalists. suck it.

Your follow-up sounded more like damage control, to be honest.

well that doesn't mean much considering how dominated the industry is by men. Not as bad as in movies, but still. There are how many bands with make singers compared to ones fronted by women? 100 to 1?

The balance is a little better when it comes to singer-songwriters or R&B artists, but I imagine even there you're looking at a 10 to 1 ratio.

I'm late to the party, but this bears repeating. The problem is compounded by the fact that most female artists are manufactured with a specific image in mind, so the number of "genuine" female voices in music is very, very small compared to the male perspective.

...back on-topic, I downloaded this last night and can't wait to give it a spin.

So far, England is the only track from the new album I'm not really keen on. It kinda reminds me of Horses in My Dreams from Stories... - it just kinda drones on and on and PJ's vocals sound strained and awkward somehow.

You mean the clarification that came after this post?

Your follow-up sounded more like damage control, to be honest.

my clarification was more playing around with Cori than actually explaining myself. you took my comment and tried to make it into something it's not. when i was referring to female vocalists, i did so in the same way i would say "i prefer a Fender Strat guitar sound to a Les Paul guitar sound". it was a comment about the sound of the instrument, not some offensive remark about a gender. that's why i posted "would you recommend this to someone who really doesn't enjoy listening to female vocalists?", not "i hate women, should i listen to this album anyway?".

anywho, i've listened to this album twice now and i love it, even though all women are whores. :wink:

This won Mercury Prize?

Hmm... the guys at Mercury should watch Skins to get ideas as to what albums they should nominate as English/ Irish album of the year

PJ Harvey: Tonight's Sold-Out Royal Albert Hall Concert
To Be Streamed Live.

The stream will be chronicling the second of two sold out nights at the Royal Albert Hall - PJ Harvey's first ever appearance at the venue and her last UK show of 2011.

It will be available worldwide in HD quality audio and video.

The live stream will start at 8pm (UK Time) tonight 31st October 2011

PJHARVEY.NET

HOWEVER

the email failed to mention that this isn't a free stream. You must purchase an access code for £2.99. :grumpy:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom