PJ Harvey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
What the hell is she up to these days? Can we expect a new album at any time?

I haven't heard a whip, a peep, nor a sweet about her in any sort of media, beyond my own CD player, in ages.

I've read that she's been participating in those festival concerts in Australia (I think), and has been busy recording her new album. Let's hope. She's my woman. :drool: :bow:

Let's just hope she beats U2 on the 'follow up to 2000 album' game. Outkast is taking quite a while, too. Sep 24 comes their new double album... each of the 2 members did their own solo album and its packaged together and one song has Norah Jones on it.

I shall now desist from constantly changing the subject of my own post.

PJ Harvey is very cool.. haven't listened to her first 2 albums much though.

I love PJ Harvey!!!

I'm seeing her for the first time Next month at V2003!!! Is This Desire and Stories and Brilliant albums!!!!

I hope she brings a new album out soon! I haven't heard anything though :(

I get e-mails from her website, and the only thing they keep saying is she's touring Europe and Australia. I wish she'd tour the States. I'd love to see her again. I saw her open for U2 four times, she's incredible.

She did have a show in IL on Sept. 11, 2001 that wasn't cancelled but I was unable to get tickets. :(

Thanks for the link Joyfulgirl, I haven't gone to her site in a while. Can't wait to hear the new stuff. :up:

from nme.com

PRETTY BUSY POLLY!

PJ HARVEY has confirmed that she will record with QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE, as revealed on NME.COM some weeks ago.

The star is also planning to play at this year's Carling Weekend, NME.COM can exclusively reveal.

Harvey has been Down Under on the Big Day Out with Queens where she spoke to NME.COM about her plans for a busy 2003, which will include touring Europe and putting the finishing touches to her new album.

"I?m doing 'The Desert Sessions' with Queens in a couple of weeks' time," she told NME.COM. "After >Big Day Out I?ll be in >California for a month, and then I?ll be back in England, continuing to do some writing and getting ready to do shows in August and then go straight into the studio to finish up the record."

Harvey has been "good friends" with Queens for two years, and is looking forward to getting into the studio with them in the desert.

She continued: "I think all of 'The Desert Sessions' only last a week. You?re kind of given this; ?We have a week, there are four people here, we have to make an album?. Everybody brings one or two ideas and then you all work on it together."

From there, the star will set herself an autumn deadline to finish work on her own album, the follow-up to the hugely-acclaimed, 'Stories From The City, Stories From The Sea', which featured Radiohead's Thom Yorke.

This time around, there are no plans for guest vocalists. 40 songs have been written at her home, with the album set to feature around ten. Currently untitled, it is due late this year or early 2004.

"I?ve been gradually accumulating songs," she said. "I take a small amount of recording gear around with me and the songs will start off as just myself and a guitar and some very primitive form of drum machine. "It?s a much more simple, rough, raw sounding record. It?s brutally honest, there?s not a lot of beautifying of anything. On the last record I was very in to creating layers of beauty and melodic intensity and soft beautiful sounds, and all of that?s gone out the window now. I tend to be someone that reacts against (their) last piece of work, so I?ve gone for quite ugly sounds and quite disturbing, raw, angry, upsetting sort of material."

UK fans will see PJ Harvey live again in the summer. She is planning to tour towards the end of August, and is in the process of finalising festival slots. At this stage, The Carling Weekend is the most likely option.

However, any fans expecting Harvey to play a new song titled '9/11' at the shows will be left disappointed. Despite feverous internet rumours last week that she's written a song based on her experience of the US terror attacks, Pollysays the first she heard of it was on NME.COM.

She joked: "It doesn?t exist! I?ve never written a song called ?9/11?, and I?d never. You can put an end to that for me! I don?t know where that came from. I saw there was some little thing in NME.COM about it and I thought ?Huh? That?s the first I?ve heard about it?."

ya don't say?

joyfulgirl said:

I was scarily attracted to her. :uhoh:

:heart:
pj.jpg

LarryMullen's_POPAngel - take a number

i saw her in 95 or 96

at the Mayan

an old theatre in downtown LA

tricky opened for her

amazing show

To Bring You My Love was her recent album,
she played every song.

I thank U2 for bringing her along as their opener and introducing me to her. She's awesome! :heart:

I saw her twice opening for U2.. I felt I was one of the only ones there really enjoying it. At one of the shows some drunk guy was trying to arrange to meet her after the show, that was kinda funny.

Thanks for the links to the new songs, joyfulgirl.. it's nice to hear something new from her. though unfortunately the songs aren't entirely complete.

OMG she was amazing!!! I saw her Sunday night for the first time! And her set list was fab! She played a lot of old stuff which was good and the new song about her hair "WHO THE FUCK" lol I love it!

SHe looked and sounded great! I was right near the front and she kept looking over at me and smiling cos Me and a few others were jumping around and not many of the rest of the crowd seemed to know who she was, which was a shame.

I love her dress she wore! :)

picture_11_420.jpg

Last edited:
She played a couple of new songs when she performed here in Melbourne earlier this year. The first one was a lot like one of the slower songs on "Stories...", but the second one was pretty raw and angry. She introduced it as "a song about my hair", :)

Great show, too, or rather shows because I went insane and bought the tickets for both Tuesday and Wednesday. She played heaps of old songs off "Rid of Me" and "Dry" and was really talkative too, by PJ's standards, :)

Man I worship that woman.

Saracene said:
She played a couple of new songs when she performed here in Melbourne earlier this year. The first one was a lot like one of the slower songs on "Stories...", but the second one was pretty raw and angry. She introduced it as "a song about my hair", :)

Great show, too, or rather shows because I went insane and bought the tickets for both Tuesday and Wednesday. She played heaps of old songs off "Rid of Me" and "Dry" and was really talkative too, by PJ's standards, :)

Man I worship that woman.

The song about her hair is called "Who The Fuck" I loved that song!!! Sooo raw!

I was really pleased with her set list because I wasn't expecting her to play that many old songs, I was surprised she only played 4 songs from Stories! :)

And damn my lovely pic of PJ has turned into a foo fighters one :eyebrow:

Celia

I really enjoyed PJ Harvey even though I dont have any of her CDs!!! I was really impressed with her performance..... oh man her dress was so sexy! *pants* lol

hey any CDs you could recommend I should listen to?

Cheers

dougal

If you're new I'd say start with Stories from the City, Stories from the Sea because it's her easiest to get into, although at V2003 she did play a lot of her old stuff, which I was really pleased with!

Is This Desire has to be my favourite album, but they are all good

Dry
Rid Of Me

But i'd say start with STORIES :up:

Hey all, I'm a fellow PJ-worshiper myself... I am moving and I won't have room in my new place for my gigantic poster of PJ. It's a great poster (40" by 60") and I'd like for it to go to a good home... free to the first person who responds!

I tried to upload a picture but Gallery does not seem to be working! Here's a link to a pic of it on an ebay item. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Vintag...5603248864QQcategoryZ1469QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Back
Top Bottom