PJ Harvey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
thousandfold said:
Hey all, I'm a fellow PJ-worshiper myself... I am moving and I won't have room in my new place for my gigantic poster of PJ. It's a great poster (40" by 60") and I'd like for it to go to a good home... free to the first person who responds!

I tried to upload a picture but Gallery does not seem to be working! Here's a link to a pic of it on an ebay item. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-Vintag...5603248864QQcategoryZ1469QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow, no takers at all....?

Wow... loved this song. Thanks for the info. :hyper:
Btw, who's that on your avatar Saracene?

;)

I need to check out Sonic again one day. I didn't like their music back then, but my tastes have changed a bit since.
Anyway, PJ is :drool:

Oh yeah, PJ is definitely :drool:

That single sounds fantastic. Dark, brooding, but lovely.. and rocking! Nothing against White Chalk, I really came to like it after a few listens, but it's great to hear PJ against some guitars again. :)

(From earlier in the thread) I didn't know that PJ had supported U2, what an amazing night out that would've been. Too much to hope for a duet...? Which song(s) would you choose??

Have been wondering what PJ has been up to, thinking of her after I bought Nick Cave's The Boatman's Call :)drool:) the other day. I'm way out of the loop with the personal stories but after listening to the songs and thinking "Geez he was either in love or heartbroken" the penny finally dropped that some of them at least were about PJ Harvey. All that talk about her black hair, heart shaped-face, and lovely pointy nose. Okay I made up that last one, but it deserves a lyric somewhere.. I'd hope she wouldn't mind.

Speaking of that Kim Gordon avatar, not sure but I think I might've seen that very performance featured on a show the other day, just a snippet of it.. Like MrMac I've never really gotten into them though.

Polly Jean is an amazing artist. Love her. And the new song is tasty. Thanks for putting up the clip.

I didn't know that PJ had supported U2, what an amazing night out that would've been.

It was great to see my two favourite acts back-to-back, but to be totally honest I didn't think that the arena setting really suited PJ and her music. I think she's much better in smaller venues. Mind you if she supports them again I'll be the first person whooping and cheering, :)

Have been wondering what PJ has been up to, thinking of her after I bought Nick Cave's The Boatman's Call :)drool:) the other day. I'm way out of the loop with the personal stories

I've read Siren Rising, her biography, a few years ago and judging by it PJ doesn't let anyone into the loop as far as her personal life is concerned. To me she always seemed to have this remote, not-quite-of-this-world aura about her.

Speaking of that Kim Gordon avatar, not sure but I think I might've seen that very performance featured on a show the other day, just a snippet of it...

That's a screenshot from their 90s performance of "Drunken Butterfly" on Jools Holland show, :)

Probably my favorite female artist. I've long loved her work. Just listened to "White Chalk" the other day. Glad to hear she's working on something new already. I shall listen now.

Got the album yesterday. I think that the first single (and opening track) Black Hearted Love is quite misleading - it's the poppiest and straightest song here whereas the rest of the album is, well, not. It's quite close in spirit to their previous collaboration, Dance Hall at Louse Point - there's no real cohesion to the record and many songs are less songs and more skeletal character sketches with PJ really pushing herself vocally to give each one a unique personality. The weirdest of which is Pig Will Not, which starts with a wall of distorted screaming and proceeds with PJ making barking noises; initially I thought it was the worst thing I've ever heard but there's something compelling about its ugliness. Overall, like Dance Hall the album is more of a diversion than the next major chapter but it will keep me happy until the next full PJ solo album.

The weirdest of which is Pig Will Not, which starts with a wall of distorted screaming and proceeds with PJ making barking noises; initially I thought it was the worst thing I've ever heard but there's something compelling about its ugliness.

:ohmy:

This:
Judaica%20Fight%20Terror.jpg

plus this

If you want to pay for shipping, sure. You could paypal me or whatever.

cracked my shit up.

Back
Top Bottom