Pitchfork Festival 2011

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bono_212

Blue Crack Distributor
I just noticed the addition of two bands to Saturday's line-up making it one of the most awesome things I've ever seen, and figured a thread should exist.

Friday, July 15

Animal Collective, Neko Case, Guided By Voices, Thurston Moore, Battles, James Blake, Das Racist, Curren$y, tUnE-yArDs, EMA, Gatekeeper

Saturday, July 16

Fleet Foxes, DJ Shadow, The Dismemberment Plan, Destroyer, No Age, Gang Gang Dance, Zola Jesus, Twin Shadow, Toro Y Moi, Woods, Cold Cave, Wild Nothing, OFF!, Julianna Barwick, G-Side, Sun Airway, Chrissy Murderbot

Sunday, July 17

TV on the Radio, Cut Copy, Deerhunter, Superchunk, Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti, OFWGKTA, HEALTH, Kurt Vile, Yuck, The Fresh & Onlys, Radio Dept., Baths, Kylesa, Shabazz Palaces, Twin Sister, How to Dress Well, Darkstar

Given how "weak" the rumors towards Lolla are looking this year, it seriously seems like Pitchfork is trying to take them out. We were already planning on going to Saturday, but that was BEFORE Wild Nothing and DJ Shadow were added :love:.

Sunday's not my cup of tea, but I recognize how awesome it is.

Wild Nothing has me so excited, you have no idea. Plus Destroyer!!!! < -- Excited.

Dismemberment Plan and Guided By Voices. Damn. What a shame they're not on the same day. Friday is weaksauce and Sunday doesn't have any must-see acts for me, so Saturday it is. What a kickass group of artists.

I'll be watch the stream for some of these shows on Pitchfork, that's for dang sure.

Dalton said:
When seeing a Destroyer show, is it imperative that you have a five o'clock shadow with a sports coat with rolled up sleeves? I bet event the women have mustaches.

A couple did when I saw Destroyer last month, including my date. She waxed everything else, fortunately.

Missing Friday, but artists that I'm seeing this weekend:

Woods
Cold Cave
Wild Nothing
Destroyer
Dismemberment Plan
DJ Shadow
Fleet Foxes
Yuck
Kurt Vile
OFWGKTA
Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti
Superchunk
Deerhunter
Cut Copy
TV On The Radio

Crushing tunes for two straight days.

Ashley and I will both be there Saturday, but she has to work Sunday. I'll be there though, with my mom. :lol: She wants to see TVOTR more than life.

:lol: Awesome! Props to you for bringing the moms out! And, I have to admit, TV on the Radio was the major pull for me and the bf as well after they had to cancel their Minneapolis shows.

Too bad Ashley can't come Sunday though. :(

Their recent sets look pretty exciting; they're leaning more on Young Liars material than I had anticipated.

Gotta say though, I'm even more excited to see Deerhunter, just for the principle of the thing; I nearly went to a Spoon/Deerhunter gig a couple years ago, but it fell through because money was tight, and I missed them at Lolla '09 in favor of Lou Reed. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

Or...maybe I won't be going Sunday. I had a lead, but the seller backed out on me and now tickets are ludicrously priced. :( I'm going to keep looking, but it's an uphill climb.

LemonMelon said:
Their recent sets look pretty exciting; they're leaning more on Young Liars material than I had anticipated.

Gotta say though, I'm even more excited to see Deerhunter, just for the principle of the thing; I nearly went to a Spoon/Deerhunter gig a couple years ago, but it fell through because money was tight, and I missed them at Lolla '09 in favor of Lou Reed. It's getting ridiculous at this point.

You mean you missed them at Lolla in '10 because you opted for Cut Copy? Or are you referring to Deerhunter? Give it up, friend, that was never happening. Not when the alternative to The Lou is Snoop

You mean you missed them at Lolla in '10 because you opted for Cut Copy? Or are you referring to Deerhunter? Give it up, friend, that was never happening. Not when the alternative to The Lou is Snoop

Referring to Deerhunter, yes. I don't regret taking Cut Copy over Spoon for one second, even if I'm seeing them again this week.

Nevermind; I'm going. :hyper: Hit the jackpot and secured two three-day passes for about $150, which I will hopefully be able to sell back for a tidy sum. I just needed the Sunday tickets out of it.

Back
Top Bottom