Pitchfork Festival 2010 - lineup, roll call, miscellaneous elitism

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know what was played more of, Dramamine or Life Like Weeds, but that song was my favorite of the whole set (of the stuff I didn't know)

Well, they did seem to play a ton from the two most recent albums (and even 3 songs from last year's EP), so I guess they assumed people would be more familiar with new material.

Here it Comes and Dramamine are great though. It was probably mostly Dramamine, they seem to play it quite often.

I'm surprised then that they didn't play "Fire It Up", since they'd been playing that a lot. I like that song in spite of it being kind of cheesy.

Yeah, that opened the show when I saw them last week. That really is a random setlist in a lot of ways. Only one of the songs they played from last year's EP is really considered "popular", and some of the choices from the last two albums are interesting as well. Regardless, I'm sure they sounded good.

If anyone is interested to watch any of these online, here's the schedule of who they're showing on the webcast for the next two days (central time zone used)

SATURDAY JULY 18
1:00 Free Energy
1:45 Real Estate
2:30 Delorean
3:20 Titus Andronicus
4:15 Raekwon
5:15 The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
6:15 Wolf Parade
7:25 Panda Bear
8:30 LCD Soundsystem

SUNDAY JULY 19
1:00 Allá
1:45 Cass McCombs
2:30 Girls
3:20 Beach House
4:15 Lightning Bolt
5:15 St. Vincent
6:15 Major Lazer
7:25 Big Boi
8:30 Pavement

I want to try to remember to catch some of these bands.

He's exaggerating, I heard no memes being toted around. But I saw plenty of hats and plaid. Maybe that's because there was a stand there selling hats and plaid.

They handled a few things REALLY well, and some not so well. 1) I don't understand the point of having drink tickets when they correlate to one dollar and the water stand is RIGHT next to the beverage ticket stand. Long pointless line I had to wait in and missed most of Robyn as a result of. Only thing, pretty much, that DID have a line. All that being said 2) Even when the water was only $2 to being with, Pitchfork did something fuckmazing and dropped the price half-way through the day to $1 a bottle, and that price is going to last all weekend, so keep that in mind, Cassie.

Oh nice! That's a fantastic price, really. I'm planning on bringing a gallon of water in, since sealed bottled water is okay. But, that's an awesome thing to know, thanks!

If anyone is interested to watch any of these online, here's the schedule of who they're showing on the webcast for the next two days (central time zone used)

SATURDAY JULY 18
1:00 Free Energy
1:45 Real Estate
2:30 Delorean
3:20 Titus Andronicus
4:15 Raekwon
5:15 The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion
6:15 Wolf Parade
7:25 Panda Bear
8:30 LCD Soundsystem

SUNDAY JULY 19
1:00 Allá
1:45 Cass McCombs
2:30 Girls
3:20 Beach House
4:15 Lightning Bolt
5:15 St. Vincent
6:15 Major Lazer
7:25 Big Boi
8:30 Pavement

I want to try to remember to catch some of these bands.

Wish I could watch LCD Soundsystem tonight, only other act really this weekend I really wanted to see, but I guess I'll have to be content with the Tom Petty concert I'm going to literally blocks away. Can not WAIT to face that traffic.

Wow, what a dick move. Jesus. They even specifically list them (as of right now) as one of the acts being streamed. Unbelievable. I feel bad for people who weren't and won't be able to attend a show and were counting on this. Not the end of the world, but what was the point of promoting the stream via Pavement's headlining the whole weekend? Wow.

I didn't say much about BSS the other day because I was uploading the videos from their set onto Youtube, but was having major issues with "World Sick". Finally got that one up so now I will say the following:

Until Friday, I did not like Broken Social Scene. I loved the hell out of "Anthems" and "World Sick", but that was about it. I've given their music a chance, heard all of the albums worth hearing, multiple times. I like the songs by them I like so much that I've really wished I enjoyed their albums, but, alas, I don't. HOWEVER, they are the most amazing turnaround I have ever witnessed live. Completely took me by surprise and made my day on so many levels. I would 100% see them again, and I'm so glad I got the chance to see them this time to find that out. Anyways, here are some videos. Don't know if I've ever mentioned, but I am 5'2" and uh...most people are taller than that...

World Sick (still processing at the moment, so keep in mind):
YouTube - Broken Social Scene - "World Sick" - Pitchfork Festival '10
Texico Bitches (Lemonmelon recorded this one):
YouTube - Broken Social Scene - "Texico Bitches" - Pitchfork Festival '10

Meet me in the Basement:

YouTube - Broken Social Scene - "Meet Me in the Basement" - Pitchfork Festival '10

Stop! It's picture time...dah-nah-nah-nah-dah-nah-nah-nah...

Best Coast

P7180458.jpg

Washed Out

P7180463colorofsummer.jpg

P7180469memoryofafriend.jpg

P7180471.jpg

P7180477soundoflaughter.jpg

That's quite a flavor saver on the Local Natives dude. Good for him.

Don't trash the 'stache.

I love how the string lights have become THE MALK!/Pavement's trademark, tho I don't think they were used until Terror Twilight.

Douchestache aside, those are some pretty nice photos. Hope you had a great time.

Word, thanks. And, yes, I had a fucking fantastic time.

Don't trash the 'stache.

I love how the string lights have become THE MALK!/Pavement's trademark, tho I don't think they were used until Terror Twilight.

Yeah? I'm guessing he uses them with THE JICKS! too, then?

Yes. Every time.

This must mean you haven't seen The Jicks. I'd correct that oversight ASAP. Much more satisfying performances than Pavement in terms of musicianship, to be honest.

You are correct; I haven't and should get on that soon.

Funny you bring up the musicianship aspect of Pavement though because I was pleasantly surprised by how tight they were on Sunday. I was expecting a looser set based on the bootlegs I have of theirs, but maybe being able to keep your shit together while playing live just comes with age.

Back
Top Bottom