Pink Floyd's Rick Wright dies at 65

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh god. :sad:

Wright's composition, Summer '68, is my favourite Floyd song. The lyrical content may not exactly be appropriate, but I nonetheless feel compelled to play it in memory of him.

RIP Rick. :(

It's going to be tough to listen to Summer '68 now. He was always that extra something; classics like Dark Side Of The Moon would not have been the same without him.

RIP

It's hard to think of anything appropriate to say.

Rest in peace, Rick. :sad: You were a brilliant musician.

He supposedly had an instrumental album coming out in the near future, too...

Wow, just heard this a few minutes ago on the radio, when I was on my way home. Celebrity death rarely tends to affect me that much. Not to be cold, but it's not like anyone I know personally, or anything.

This is different, though. :sad: Incredibly sad.

RIP Rick, and thanks for the beautiful music you left behind.

Because all of the members were still alive, there was always that, "Maybe they'll reunite just one more time" thought in the back of your mind, especially after Live 8.

Now it will never be.

Great musician, one of the best.

This is really a terrible shame. The man never received his due as a technical musician or song-writer, nor would Floyd ever have been the same without him. His unique atmospheric stamp is indelible on Dark Side and Wish You Were Here, two of the finest albums ever recorded, in my opinion at least. I would advise anyone who has not heard his fine solo record "Broken China" to do so - it is an underappreciated gem.

Celebrity death rarely tends to affect me that much. Not to be cold, but it's not like anyone I know personally, or anything.

This is different, though.

I know exactly what you mean! Anybody's death is sad but it especially hurts when it's a member of one of your all-time favorite bands.

Because all of the members were still alive, there was always that, "Maybe they'll reunite just one more time" thought in the back of your mind, especially after Live 8.

Now it will never be.

Yeah... not that I was expecting to see them live but at least there was this tiny hope that it might happen. But now it's gone.

I would advise anyone who has not heard his fine solo record "Broken China" to do so - it is an underappreciated gem.

I'm seriously thinking about getting it now. Something to remember him by other than the Floyd albums.

I know exactly what you mean! Anybody's death is sad but it especially hurts when it's a member of one of your all-time favorite bands.

Yeah. It's like...not only is it a huge loss to the world of music (not to mention his family and friends, obviously)...but it's like now there's a huge period at the end of the Floyd era. Now it will never happen. :(

Zoot, did you ever get the Gilmour dvd? There are hours of extras on it, and all of them, Rick included, seemed so awesome, and genuinely thrilled to be touring again. I feel really fortunate to have seen the tour.

I think I'll watch it tonight. :sigh:

No, I don't have that dvd. I will be listening to at least Division Bell :love: and WYWH :drool: today though, in remembrance.

Back
Top Bottom