Pink Floyd Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why stop at 5?

Just stay away from A Momentary Lapse of Talent and you're in good shape.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Why stop at 5?

Just stay away from A Momentary Lapse of Talent and you're in good shape.

I would say avoid Ummagumma and Atom Heart Mother above all else.:wink:
In all seriousness, one would probably find that restricting oneself to those five albums necessarily means that gems like The Final Cut, More, and Division Bell (yes, Division Bell) are neglected.

COBL_04 said:
Hmm... :hmm: Interesting points you raise. Well I suppose The Wall is a bit of a change from the Floyd that I've got so far. I think I'll go for Meddle. I think my collection's going to stop at five though, with Dark Side, WYWH, Meddle, Animals and The Wall. Maaaaybe Piper.

Meddle :drool:

fearless :drool:

Hey.

Crazy idea.

But who would dig a PF survior? Clearly there is enough support in this thread to support it, heck there's been 30 people to post in this thread, 369 replies. I just wanted to throw the idea out there cos now im a premmie i wanna do it..

It would be fun, but I don't really know if there are enough people at Interference who are die-hard fans that have all the material. I mean, if you do something like this, it'll have to be like namkcuR's Beatles survivor that goes album by album. With the Beatles that's easy, because there is a significantly higher proportion of U2 fans familiar with their back catalogue than, say, with a band like Pink Floyd.

UberBeaver said:
I heard Fearless on my way in to work today. That song owns me.
:up:

Reminds me of the time I heard Several Small Species... on the radio. I couldn't believe my luck! :wink:
Someone should give the DJ a promotion immediately.

LemonMacPhisto said:

adjusted for truth.

AnnoyedDog.jpg
:angry:

I love how bothered the band is that a huge helium filled balloon has just exploded over their heads. :lol:

Speaking of that line, Steph, in the Animal Farm book you sent me you wrote that lyric in on the front cover with the last page number written down. I was thoroughly amused. :wink:
Did you mean me to find it, or is a ~secret~ message for me?

PlaTheGreat said:
I love how bothered the band is that a huge helium filled balloon has just exploded over their heads. :lol:

Speaking of that line, Steph, in the Animal Farm book you sent me you wrote that lyric in on the front cover with the last page number written down. I was thoroughly amused. :wink:
Did you mean me to find it, or is a ~secret~ message for me?

:lol: I completely forgot about that! It was intended as a ~secret message~. A package easter egg, if you will. I just love how the last page of that book reflects those lyrics perfectly.

"The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which."

Animal Farm is one of my favorite books. Not just because of the Floyd connection, but the stellar political allegory going on throughout.

Apparently there's a movie version with Patrick Stewart as the voice of one of the pigs, that's gotta be amazing.

"...and she's scrambling to get her clothes on, but by then, I've already seen everything. I've seen it all."

I'll watch it later, but for now I'll quote my favorite Capt. Picard lines.

"THE LINE MUST BE DRAWN HE-AH!"

PlaTheGreat said:
I prefer "SALT AND SEAL MEAT!" :fist pump:

adjusted for truth.

I actually bought a hardcover Pink Floyd book the other day! It's about the making of DSOTM. Pretty insightful, with great pictures. And only $7.99! :drool:

26 bucks each? Woah...that store is really ripping you off! :lol: 21 bucks isn't bad for the Wall though. I hope you enjoy it. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom