Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure why I was just reminded of this, but has anyone heard THE PHEEN! covering Dylan's Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands? They did it on some radio show a few years ago.

I can put it up somewhere for the taking.

I'd be way into that, as if hearing them do "Playground Love" for a second time wasn't enough. Adore that song.

my wolfgang ranking

1. Love Like a Sunset - part 2 gets me every time
2. Lisztomania
3. 1901
4. Lasso
5. Countdown
6. Girlfriend
7. Armistice
8. Rome
9. Fences

Armistice, Rome, and Fences are awesome. easily one of the best albums of the decade. i'm praying to get tickets to the hollywood bowl show today.

Not sure why I was just reminded of this, but has anyone heard THE PHEEN! covering Dylan's Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands? They did it on some radio show a few years ago.

I can put it up somewhere for the taking.

Yeah, I'd like it, please.

These guys are playing MSG soon. I'm glad their latest album finally helped them brake out.

I love United...really funky, fun record that emphasizes the danceable elements of their sound, more so than It's Never Been Like That, which sounds like kinda run-of-the-mill indie rock to me. Haven't heard Alphabetical yet, but it always gets worse reviews than the others.

Ehh, I appreciate the diversity of United, but It's Never Been Like That has way too many great hooks to be disregarded as "run-of-the-mill indie rock". And come on, most of the stuff from that sector isn't that poppy.

Alphabetical is awesome, it's just a little mellower (and more electronic) than the other albums. Not a bad song on it, arguably the most consistent of their albums from beginning to end. And the song If It's Not With You reminds me of Steely Dan a lot.

I thing Wolfgang is probably their weakest simply because it's the first album that sounds like the others before it (and to me is guilty of what you accuse It's Never Been Like That as being) The first three are all completely different.

I wish Fences and Love Like A Sunset were run-of-the-mill. Imagine what the truly great shit would sound like!

Alphabetical sounds cool. I could definitely see them making a Steely Dan-ish track. If United were even more slick, that's what you would probably get.

Back
Top Bottom