Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
then he came back onstage, and told everyone to come up. a ton of people rushed the stage and they were jumping around, taking pictures, while the band was still playing. then they stopped, a quick 4 count in, and they did the 1901 outro, which got the whole stage jumping. i'm surprised the guys even survived it, there must have been 100 people on stage. i've never heard of a band doing something like that. it was an unbelievable experience.

Very cool... Hate to kill the uniqueness, but that reminds me of an Arcade Fire show I went to here in NYC in 2007, they did the exact same thing, about 100 audience members rushed and jumped on stage (including myself!) at Win's urging (and security's great chagrin) and were jumping around and everything. :D Then Win jumped off the stage, climbed over seats and left through the theater's front door! I will never, ever forget that show. :)

Once again, the "can't play in L.A. if you play Coachella" conflict rears its head again.

Also, my birthday is the first day of the festival this year.

Fuck the desert.

In other news, some friends and I are planning a huge two-week Winnebago road trip that may take us through AUSTIN on the way to New Orleans and possibly the second weekend of Jazzfest in New Orleans.

WHO DAT?

I know right? Coachella is now screwing me over twice.

Very cool... Hate to kill the uniqueness, but that reminds me of an Arcade Fire show I went to here in NYC in 2007, they did the exact same thing, about 100 audience members rushed and jumped on stage (including myself!) at Win's urging (and security's great chagrin) and were jumping around and everything. :D Then Win jumped off the stage, climbed over seats and left through the theater's front door! I will never, ever forget that show. :)

And not to beat a now very dead horse of uniqueness, but they did that in Philly as well. Except, humorously enough, they did it as early as the second song (No Cars Go). Good thing I didn't get myself too worked up over having a lousy seat; it ended up being irrelevant anyway.

Does a free live Phoenix album sound good to you? If so, clickity click.

Live in Sydney:

01 Lisztomania
02 Lasso
03 Fences
04 Girlfriend
05 Armistice
06 Love Like a Sunset
07 Rome
08 1901

I'll check this out. They've looked good live on all of their network performances, so I imagine the gigs must be spectacular.

They're a very cohesive live act, that's for sure. One of the most in sync with each other groups since, well, since N*SYNC. It makes for a great show to watch, but if you're looking for new wrinkles or arrangements, it can be a little lacking. Still though, great live.

Worked okay for me earlier in the day even though it took ages to finish. I've only managed to listen to "Rome" so far. Skipped right to it since it's the best on Wolfy.

Love Like A Sunset, Lisztomania, Armistice, 1901 for me.

And I listened to the live gig earlier :up:, though I'm skeptical about having a ten minute LLAS during a live show, but it's probably a lot better being there.

You'll be hard pressed to find a better lineup than that anywhere outside the Shuttlecock/Cock Eyed Peas tandem.

Back
Top Bottom