Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Does anyone else get a serious Eric-Idle-as-Dirk-McQuickly vibe from the singer?

I think the SNL perf had a bit more energy, but no denying the catchiness of this song. Hopefully this appearance will boost the album sales a bit...

I still say they made a huge blunder by not bumping up the release to coincide with the SNL appearance.

Definitely, everyone was talking about them after that. I guess they couldn't really expect that, and maybe they didn't even know they were going to play the show much in advance, who knows. Regardless, it's too bad the album wasn't out at the time, as I'm sure they would have sold a ton of copies after SNL.

My guess is that the packaging or something wasn't ready (cuz the thing had leaked already), and they probably didn't have much of a choice WHEN they played SNL.

just came home from seeing them at the wiltern....

it's hard to put into words what i just experienced. very few times (such as the 2 u2 shows i've been too) has a rock show ever made me so happy. it just made me feel so good. the band are the coolest, most relaxed guys i've ever seen. they seemed so happy and had so much fun, and the crowd just ate it up. you couldn't help but cheer for them. it felt like the audience was cheering the whole time. the music was immense, too big to describe. what a show. it's no wonder these guys played 3 songs on SNL, you just don't ever want them to stop. i only knew about half of the setlist, but every song was such a blast. viva la phoenix!

Their drummer may very well be the most entertaining to watch drummer I've seen.

I only just last week found out they were playing in Seattle. Then of course I found out it was sold out.

C'est la vie.

Same problem with me last month, only I found out the day after they went on sale and it was already sold out. Blows.

One nice thing about Utah is that concerts rarely sell out.

There are no other nice things about Utah.

Yeah, when I looked at Craigslist for Seattle tickets, there were several posts bitching about the scalping going on.

*~shocking~*

the show was fantastic. they were in amazing form, everything was absolutely perfect.

but it gets better.

for their last song, 1901, they did a really long extended outro. Thomas Mars jumped out into the crowd for this part, which was a really slow beat with a simple bass and guitar line. then he came back onstage, and told everyone to come up. a ton of people rushed the stage and they were jumping around, taking pictures, while the band was still playing. then they stopped, a quick 4 count in, and they did the 1901 outro, which got the whole stage jumping. i'm surprised the guys even survived it, there must have been 100 people on stage. i've never heard of a band doing something like that. it was an unbelievable experience.

One nice thing about Utah is that concerts rarely sell out.

There are no other nice things about Utah.

:lol:

Not true, SLC has one of the few indoor long-track speedskating ovals in America, but if you're not into that it wouldn't help :wink:.

Phoenix have announced a run of US dates in between Coachella and Bonnaroo:

04-17 Santa Cruz, CA - The Catalyst *
04-18 Indio, CA - Coachella
04-20 Denver, CO - Ogden Theatre *
04-21 Kansas City, MO - Uptown Theatre *
04-22 Louisville, KY - Louisville Palace *
04-23 Nashville, TN - Vanderbilt *
04-24 Atlanta, GA - The Tabernacle *
04-26 Washington, DC - Constitution Hall *
04-27 Norfolk, VA - The Norva *
04-29 Austin, TX - Stubb's *
04-30 Houston, TX - Verizon Wireless Theatre *
06-11 Cary, NC - Koka Booth Amphitheatre *
06-12 Charlotte, NC - The Uptown Amphitheatre at The Music Factory *
06-13 Manchester, TN - Bonnaroo

* with Two Door Cinema Club

Awwwwwww shit!

You'd stay away too after all those awful things Brigham Young said about the French.

That's going to be a great week of shows: Beach House -> LE PHEEN! -> The Dead Weather. Holy smokes.

Once again, the "can't play in L.A. if you play Coachella" conflict rears its head again.

Also, my birthday is the first day of the festival this year.

Fuck the desert.

In other news, some friends and I are planning a huge two-week Winnebago road trip that may take us through AUSTIN on the way to New Orleans and possibly the second weekend of Jazzfest in New Orleans.

WHO DAT?

Nut up go and to Coachella, man. Fuck it. That lineup is filthy.

Just don't bring your antisemitism and silly hats here.

Back
Top Bottom