Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So the album's not even out until the end of May? And they were already on SNL? Seriously, that is throwing me for a loop.

They've had a relatively large amount of hipster type groups on this last year.

Having them play the show out was weird though, I've only ever seen them do that for huge bands. Maybe they just had an extra minute.

They sounded great, although I was hoping they'd play Lasso, which is one of my faves from this album.

I'm surprised that they haven't moved up the release date, not only because the leak happened so long ago, but because of this appearance. It would have been great for them if it came out tomorrow.

Good point. Everyone will likely forget by the time it's actually out.

They have others? I swear I've never even heard of them until this thread.

just be careful. ITunes incorrectly lists another band named Phoenix as this Phoenix. the album has an african american female on the cover. don't download that one.

dear holy god YES :drool:

lisztomania = JFKASDLJFKSLDFJKLSDFJSKLDFJKSLFSD

my dad called me last week. told me there was a really good band on SNL that saturday. he was right.

And I take issue with the several reviews that claimed the last album, It's Never Been Like That, didn't have any memorable tunes. Long Distance Call is catchier than ANYTHING on this new album, and there's about 5 other great ones too. I like the new one a lot, but I think the previous one is slightly better.

Huh. Well, I actually dug this. More new-new-wave than the chirpy, "I'm more ironic/whiter than you, and I can prove it" preppy indie pop I was expecting. It's not going to change my life, but Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix was definitely a lot of fun. Charming stuff.

Girlfriend and Lasso for me, but I couldn't find a weak song on this. Well, Armistice felt a little generic, but otherwise, it's all good.

I don't really know the songs well enough yet. It kinda all seems like one really long song to me right now. For some reason in this case, I don't think that's a bad thing as it's all enjoyable.

Their album before this one, "It's Never Been Like That," is good, too. Check out, "Napoleon Says," "One Time Too Many" and "Lost and Found."

Good band.:up:

I don't really know the songs well enough yet. It kinda all seems like one really long song to me right now. For some reason in this case, I don't think that's a bad thing as it's all enjoyable.

This.

Back
Top Bottom